Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I Love NY !

Old 01-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default I Love NY !

As a Non Resident of NY I'd like to comment on their deer management:
1st thing all the hunters that are too lazy to get out an hunt should quit griping about no deer.
2nd thing turn off the 'puter and actually get out in the woods an look at all the deer that are left
3rd thing all those old beer bellies that just gotta kill a buck and are happy with little scrawny racks should kill a doe or 2 or 3 or 4 instead of killing a buck that could be a trophy someday to a horn hunter
4th thing Dr. Alt is unemployeed get him up there to manage the herd.
5th thing HR is the best idea for NY that ever happened
6th thing KILL MORE DOES so the habitat can come back and grow BIGGER BUCKS for us trophy hunters from Pa that come up and support your economy

Does any of this sound familar? Different when the shoes on the other hoof isn't it???????????
Excuse my try at humor I just couldn't resist
Old 01-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I Love NY !

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN
Old 01-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

U PA. hunters stay in your own state & leave our young bucks alone!

SHOOT MATURE DEER LET THE YOUNG 1S LIVE!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ulysses

As a Non Resident of NY I'd like to comment on their deer management:
1st thing all the hunters that are too lazy to get out an hunt should quit griping about no deer.
2nd thing turn off the 'puter and actually get out in the woods an look at all the deer that are left
3rd thing all those old beer bellies that just gotta kill a buck and are happy with little scrawny racks should kill a doe or 2 or 3 or 4 instead of killing a buck that could be a trophy someday to a horn hunter
4th thing Dr. Alt is unemployeed get him up there to manage the herd.
5th thing HR is the best idea for NY that ever happened
6th thing KILL MORE DOES so the habitat can come back and grow BIGGER BUCKS for us trophy hunters from Pa that come up and support your economy

Does any of this sound familar? Different when the shoes on the other hoof isn't it???????????
Excuse my try at humor I just couldn't resist
You couldnt be any further from the truth right now.
We are nowhere in the sad state PA is...with or without Alt.

About the only major deal is the season issue.
Although our numbers were down, we are bound to have a poor season once in a while (and taking into consideration some possible over estimating)...Its been golden the last few.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Phade,
The numbers by me have been going down for the last 10 years. It's not just a" once in awhile" it's been alot of bad seasons. If the DEC doesn't stop these permits there is going to be nothing left.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats ulysess your banned for 48hrs for insults and intentionly trying to instigate flame wars between Huntingnet MB members.