Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Late Shotgun Season >

DE Late Shotgun Season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Late Shotgun Season

Old 01-12-2005, 07:13 PM

Default DE Late Shotgun Season

So, who's going? We're finally suppose to get some cold weather starting on opening day. Maybe the deer will move.

Im heading out the 15th, 17th and 22nd weather permitting. The seasons almost over, gotta get as much time in as possible. Its a long off season.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Default RE: DE Late Shotgun Season

I will be out down here in the Sussex with the muzzle loader. I have saw some nice deer the past two weeks but not close enought to shoot with the bow. Good luck to all and keep posting
Old 01-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Well hell ya, I'll be out there...with my wife and son. I won't carry a gun though. I am going as the offical unpaid deer guide,blood trailing, deer draggin', field dresser...and do it with nothing but a big smile if they get one! Big hopes for my boy Saturday!!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out bright and early Sat.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:15 PM

Been only seeing deer in the PM, so thats when I'll be out. Probably hunt geese in the AM since its the last day. Looking forward to enjoying a nice, normal temp, winters day!

Good Luck to all!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:50 PM

Hunted deer yesterday from 1:45pm til dark. Saw 1 deer a 1/4 mile away at sunset. Thats it.

Going in the PM tomorrow. Its suppose to snow tonight and be windy and very cold tomorrow. Gonna be a cold sit.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:32 PM

hunted til 9:00 am didnt see a thing..jumped up 5 does on the way back to the truck..hunted from 3 to 5:30 pm and again saw nothing..these deer just aint movin
Old 01-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Me the wife and son went Sat. Nothing in morn, but my son and I saw six in the evening..he missed the biggest doe. BUMMER My wife had 19 around her from 4 till dark...she had to cough out loud to get them to go away to get out of her stand. My son and I saw 2 buttons tonight and one @$$hole tresspasser. This guy walked past a fence with THREE posted signs on it to come into my land. I stand up to let him see me and HE WAVED at me!!!!! What the hell is up with people?!?!?!?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:19 PM

Holy sh#t it was cold! I havent been that cold in a long time. By 5pm, Im not sure I could have shot straight I was shaking so hard.

6 deer hit the field on the farm to the west at 10 of 5. They were about 200 yds down. The worked my way but oh so slowly. The hit our corner woods with 12 mins left in legal. At o'dark 30, l packed up. At o'dark 31, the biggest deer of them all worked the edge in from of the stand. I dont think he saw me leave with all the wind movement and noise. I know I should have waited, but I was so freaking cold, I was afraid I wouldnt be able to get outta my harness and down the tree if I waited any longer.

I dumped 50lbs of fresh corn Sunday. It was all gone today! There were tracks 15 inches from my ladder and a hugh set of tracks in the field right by the stand. UGGH! I dont think I can get out again until next saturday I may have to come down with a cold or something, if that doesnt happen for real after today [X(]

There were no other crazy people out around the area today. They were the smart ones!

Times a wastin!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:27 PM

You should get a break in the blistering cold in a few days. Maybe you can get him then. I blew a chance earlier this year on a nice 8 pointer. I've only shot two deer, my first was a 6 pointer and my most recent was a doe. Its tough sitting in a tree stand when its that cold. I'd rather be duck hunting Goodluck getting him!

Quick Reply: DE Late Shotgun Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.