Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 SLOB HUNTER ANTICS IN NEW JERSEY >

SLOB HUNTER ANTICS IN NEW JERSEY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

SLOB HUNTER ANTICS IN NEW JERSEY

Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SLOB HUNTER ANTICS IN NEW JERSEY

I had a lock-on stolen a few years back. My recommendation is to take the bottom few steps home with you at night. Either that, or place the steps at such a distance apart that only an orangutan could climb it. Most hunters are out of shape, and lack the strength and agility to pull themselves through the steps and limbs if they are put in awkward locations.

All said, no matter what, if someone wants your stand bad enough, it's as good as gone. If they can't steal it, they'll damage or shoot it just to spite you. Kinda shameful how greedy and unethical some guys can be.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 AM

I live a few mile away from the golf course and was wondering how the hunt was going. A friend of mine herd 3 big bucks came out of there so far, including a potential state record.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

My recommendation is to take the bottom few steps home with you at night. Either that, or place the steps at such a distance apart that only an orangutan could climb it.
Or use strap ons for the first 4 steps.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-11-2005, 02:55 PM

Sounds good NJ bowman. You know a big buck tends to get larger with every story told although I have seen 130 class bucks around that golf course. I took a 150 class (gross) in zone 15 last year, but not near the golf course.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2005, 11:35 AM

NJbowman, I'll be at the show thursday to drop off lasyears deer for the classic. I most likely will also be there on Sunday also. I'll stop by and say hello.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

We use skyhook tree steps for the first 3 or 4 and it seems to help prevent all but the most determined bonehead from messing with our stands.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:09 AM

From seeing the picture I think this deer could go over 200 typical easy. The only thing that hurts it is that it is an 11 pointer.
I'd love to see a picture of that, but maybe you should start a new topic. Opening a topic called antics of slob hunters in NJ, and then seeing a picture of a big buck could give someone the wrong idea. Besides, I'd like to see the words slob hunter and New Jersey, in bold letters, leave the front page. []

Quick Reply: SLOB HUNTER ANTICS IN NEW JERSEY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.