Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions, in PA or NY? >

Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Old 01-06-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

I have been hearing from resident's of PA and NY ,of mountain lions being seen or killed in these states. Has anybody heard or have evidence of these animals? One story from NY, is that a farmer had killed one on his property!! It killed some of his cattle. The DEC has denied all claims of this. I'm still waiting for pic's. PA and NY hunter's, let's find out if this could be one of our reasons for having poor game hunting in our states!! Thanks........
Old 01-06-2005, 06:39 PM

Default RE: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Here we go again...
Old 01-06-2005, 06:40 PM

Hey CattNy, What's up with that?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM

No offense meant... It's just that there has been several posts with Cougars in NY or PA and all people do is agrue. There might be cougars and there might not be. I heard the same rumours you wrote about where I work. People say that the DEC released 6 cougars near Franklinville, NY and 1 was killed while it was killing some farmers cattle.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:54 PM

Catt, Yea, I'm not looking for an arguement with nobody, Just trying to find out if these rumors are true. I know I like the idea of being the hunter, not the hunted. These thing's can be man killer's if they make that decision. I do appreciate your input!! By the way, do you hunt in the southern tier? ...........
Old 01-06-2005, 07:01 PM

Yes, I grew up (although some say I never have) hunting Southern Tier. I live in Allegany, NY. I've been hunting Cattaraugus county now since I was 14 (1977). Before that, I walked with my Dad and our beagle rabbit hunting. When my other friends were hanging around the pizza joint, I was in the woods or on the stream.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:09 PM

CattNY, The moutain lion kill I was refering to was in the Gowanda area! Anyhow, I hunt at our farm just out of Bradford PA. We have enough predator's, some fox, but mostly coyotes. I plan to do some serious thinning of the yotes, but I hope this lion thing isn't for real!!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:35 PM

I hate to be the one to break the news...... but you seem so eager to find out that I just have to tell you the truth.

Yes, you are right Mt. lions are the reason " for having poor game hunting in our states!! ". They are all over Pa and Ny, do a google search on "mt lion" +pa +pictures +viscous and you will get a ton of hits and pictures.

It was a secret, but hey...it was bound to get out some time. Now that you know you may want to stay indoors when possible to avoid "being hunted". If one does roam through your neighborhood, lets bot hope it is chock full of deer meat and leaves us alone.

Spread the word.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:26 PM

Lions, Tigers, And Bears OH MY! No fear, Fear this, Fear Me or Just F fear.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:58 AM

You boys afraid of a little kitty cat? Come on....lets get real. You have a better chance of being killed by falling space junk than of being killed by a cougar.....

Quick Reply: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.