Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 here's an example of Alt's deceptionS >

here's an example of Alt's deceptionS

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

here's an example of Alt's deceptionS

Old 12-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default here's an example of Alt's deceptionS

my son sent me a picture from the front page of THE MORNING CALL newspaper tonight. On it is Alt holding aloft a huge deer rack. This picture taken by Christain Berg of the Morning Call is one of Alt's famous deceptions.
I was at the meeting when he held up this rack. Claiming that this is a prime example of the type of 3.5 yr old bucks we can have in Pa if HR & AR was to be put into practice. He stated that this buck came from such an area where it was and has been in practice.
In truth the buck was harvested next to the Lehigh County Trexler Game Preserve on a large private tract that allows no hunting except for the sole person that killed that buck with his bow. I know this person! Neither the tract the buck was killed on nor the game preserve has ever practiced AR and surely not HR. The buck only grew that large because no one had access to him.
I an several others openly asked Alt why he was blatantly telling a lie. Once he knew the jig was up he wouldn't answer anymore questions about the deer.
now this is just 1 lie he was caught in how many has he gotten away with?
Gary I'm glad you are going, you lied to Pa hunters and took the flower sniffers $ (Audubon). For the sole purpose of deception. Shame on you!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: here's an example of Alt's deceptionS

I assume his point was that letting bucks in PA grow up allows them to reach their potential, as this buck apparently had done.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:42 PM

Then you assumed wrong. The point of waving the big rack was to mislead hunters. First with AR there would be less bucks harvested, and those hunters who did not take a buck he would make plenty of doe tags available to, so that he could shoot a doe as a consolation prize thus futhering his goals of reducing the herd.

Some sportsman were concerned about increased pressure on does...but he calmed them down by saying that taking does was good for the herd. It freed up more food for the bucks to get "real Big" (note more waving of the rack here). He told tales of no trees growing for 50 years north of rt80 and said taking does would save the forest and make room for those booner bucks hunters like (quick flash to a slide on the screen with a big rack again).

Why was AR even there....? If hunters wanted a big buck all they had to do was wait and pass on a few small bucks ? heck even right now hunters are saying there are Tons of monsters out there if your willing to 'hunt'. So back then there must have been gobs of the because we all know there are less today as a result of three years of increased doe harvests.

AR was there with the rack waving because it was a big ole' carrot. It was meant to get hunters to aggressively harvest does. Because they were told it would A.) save food to grow big bucks. B.) save the forest C. ) make huters conservation heroes D. ) and create "more and bigger bucks" for wannabe rack hunters.

He forgot to say that it would only create a handfull of slightly bigger bucks. A few more 8's instead of 7's, but he forgot to tell you the herd reductions would send 61000 hunters home without a buck when his plan was in action.

And he forgot to tell you that the 1.3 million dollars he took from Audubon and got PSU to do studies with showed it would not create "more and bigger bucks".

Just a smaller herd.

Which is what Audubon and the companies that funneled thier money thru them wanted...

Young guys would say "man, you got punk'd"
Old 12-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

AR was there with the rack waving because it was a big ole' carrot. It was meant to get hunters to aggressively harvest does. Because they were told it would A.) save food to grow big bucks. B.) save the forest C. ) make huters conservation heroes D. ) and create "more and bigger bucks" for wannabe rack hunters.
So again, his point was that AR would lead to bigger bucks, right? How did I assume wrong?
Old 12-22-2004, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

Bio: you assumed wrong! My point was to show how deceptive Alt's words are/were. He knew full well where that buck came from as he knew where his buddy had killed it. This killing field has no hunting pressure what so ever no AR no HR.

the same HR Alt said was in place to grow this mega buck.
He lied, he knew he was telling a lie and trying to mislead hunters by it.
The lowest form of politican is one that purposely gives out misleading information to those that want to believe it .
The man got caught that time and in front of alot of hunters. Just think how many times he gotaway with it!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:31 AM

I saw a mountain lion on the way to work this morning too.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

zzzzzzz-yawn!

Mr. Alt retired. Let sleeping dogs lie, Ulysses. Everyone knows where you stand on the issue, let it go, man....

Slice
Old 12-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

when HR is put in the dumper I'll take my exit till then I may not rest

T-Pa should have gotten a picture and give a whirlwind tour talking spree on it...would be as sincere as Alt's HR needs
Old 12-22-2004, 06:30 AM

The guy has a Phd... that should be cause for alarm. Zero common sense... lots of "information, statistics, & facts", but zero wisdom or perspective...

Old 12-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

my wife has a PHD an trust me she's the last person I'd trust in her field of expertise

Quick Reply: here's an example of Alt's deceptionS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.