Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 pressure the PGC to appoint Mohr >

pressure the PGC to appoint Mohr

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pressure the PGC to appoint Mohr

Old 12-21-2004, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default pressure the PGC to appoint Mohr

deer hunters unite pressure the commissioners to appoint one of their own Stephen Mohr as head of the deer management in the state of PA.
He was the 1 vote of 8 that could not be bought when the kill off style of management was initiated. He alone stood against the timber interests and groups like the Audubon Soc. (who after years of keeping hidden by ALT and the other 7 commissioners was finally publized as the funders of ALT'S deer management programs)
NOW!! is the time to contact your legislators they have the hand on the throats of the PGC when it comes to rate increases. Let them know how you feel " NO RATE INCREASE WITHOUT HIGHER DEER NUMBERS!!! "
Old 12-21-2004, 12:08 PM

Default RE: pressure the PGC to appoint Mohr

Talk about putting the fox in charge of the hen house!!!

He should have removed himself from a number of votes because of his biased views due to his deer scent business. Conflict of interest.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

T : I guess it is safe to assume you'd like another clone of Alt to be at the helm. there were 8 votes to be counted 7 of them caved to the timber industry an Audubon Society tossing aside the majority of hunters wishes. The sole valant dissenting vote was Mohr I give him credit for that! He still knows whom pays the bills...HUNTERS without us there is no PGC as we know it today.!
Pressure the PGC for Mohr! "Mohr for sportsmen Less for timber" is our rally cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 01:46 PM

One lesson in life ulysses, don't assume anything. I'm not sure there will be a replacement for Alt. He did what he was hired for. The managment plan is in place and running. Nothing left for him to do.

Mohr should not even be on the commission. His decisions are based on his pocket book interests, not yours, not mine.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

at least he spoke against the statewide doe slaughter that's more than anyone else has done!

We want Mohr deer, Less Doe tags
Old 12-21-2004, 04:15 PM

i like alot of what gary alt has done in pa. the early doe season, the jr hunt in oct. is great. the main thing i like is the a.r. all those things are fine with me. but i dont agree with this type of herd reduction. i think the only think that needs to be done is to drop the doe permits down to about 800,000 a year. or somewhere in that neigborhood. and maybe just a week for doe hunting. what do you guys say to that. maybe i should take the job. peace///
Old 12-21-2004, 04:28 PM

i think the only think that needs to be done is to drop the doe permits down to about 800,000 a year. or somewhere in that neigborhood. and maybe just a week for doe hunting. what do you guys say to that. maybe i should take the job. peace///
Our herd has already been reuduced by 40% and 800K anterless tags will continue to reduce the herd even more. In 1995 with 662K anterless tags we harvested 248K anterless deer in just 3 days. In 2001 ,when we had a lot more deer , a harvest of 283K reduced the herd by 8%. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the allocations by 100-200K , but that won't stop the redcuction in the herd.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

the answer is to close some WMUs altogether against doe hunting for 2 years, while increasing the allotments in some others. Put buck harvests on a lottery draw in all WMU except those over REAL density goals.
We've tried Alt's method now let's try another!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:57 PM

so, deadeer? i think 800,000 doe premits is about where it should be. you have to take in the spikes and four pointers that are not being shot. i know 800,000 is higher than before, but it has to be higher because of the a. r. if you have a number i think we whould really like to hear it. peace.... p.s. and ulysses your idea is whacked, stop doing drugs.....
Old 12-22-2004, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

painless you got yours I have mine, one of suggestions I gave to Lisa Boscola was to put buck tags on a lottery. This is not "new" it is exactly how most everyother state that has big buck hunting controls the numbers of buck killed without AR

The colors in this world are so pretty

Quick Reply: pressure the PGC to appoint Mohr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.