Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Alt Don't let the door hit you in the........... >

Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

Old 12-21-2004, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

I have never met a man so ignorant I could not learn from him. -Galileo Galilei

Old 12-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ulysses, people like you just don't get it do ya? I'm not saying I agree with everything that is in place. But I do agree with a lot of it. The AR is the best idea out of PA yet. In fact, I'd like to see them go to 4pts a side state wide. Yes, I'm a trophy hunter. I do not see the need to go out there ard kill deer just for the sake of telling everyone at work the next day I am a great white hunter or prove my manhood. I am not in dire need of the meat and can go to the grocery store anytime. Times are changing, and the deer management needs to reflect this.

Get over it.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

muzzy you'd do yourself some good to read all my posts that state I am 100% in favor of AR,I've even suggested going to a buck lottery by WMU.
IT IS HR I so dislike
Old 12-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

My apoligies. Enlighten me on your dislike of HR. Do you favor any HR?

To me its kinda like a bum on welfare that keeps having kids. No more food to feed them, but we just keep having them.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Muzzy, If you did go with a 4 pt rule statewide what do you do about genetically inferior bucks. The guy on the land next to our lease shot a 6 pt that would have scored in the 120's and was proably 3.5 from the looks of him.Under your plan this guy would have to pass on this buck even though it might never get any more points and pass on these genes to the does in the area. This was a large bodied bodied buck that had 12 in. G1's,no brow tines. Proably weighed about 190-200 on the hoove. This deer can't be shot but a basket 8 pt that weighs 120 could be.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

the only HR I support is where it is truely needed 'cause the deer have eaten themselves out of house an home!
According the guru Alt this is statewide, according to common sense this is not the case statewide. Alt's HR is done by WMUs that are too large, he had 5 yrs to come up with smaller ones and still the WMUs remain the same...why do you think this is????? To drop doe numbers across the board not just where needed.
When I go to church this week I'll pray that the deer can recover from his madness. And that Alt himself is saved an redeemed from his mass murders on the doe.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Charlie P, I know what you're saying. Thats a difficult situation and I don't have an answer. You see that kind of thing happening a lot on managed hunting ranches in Texas and so forth. The guides usually make a decision as to what deer to remove from the herd based on age and such. Not a luxury we have here.

I would be willing to bet this is the case in most of the state with the exception of areas where quality food and genetics are common or managed property. Alot of what is hunting in PA are big woods deer. And, with that in mind probably don't ever get much better racks than what you mentioned.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

genetically freak deer that never get bigger than 6's have to be an extreme minority. I can't see completely revamping a management system to account for them. Plus PA has enough outlaws, they'll take care of the genetic freaks and then some. [&:]
Muzzy, its most likely food rather than genetics that keeps 'mountain deer' from getting real big.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

now what tidbit of knowlegde did you base that on, liitle wonder you think Alt is the GURU of deer management.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:11 PM

After reading much of these comments day in and day out I am embarrassed to be associated with and lumped into the category of a PA hunter as some of those on here.
Amen. Show a little respect and just wish the guy good luck and let it go. Man, I would hate to have you guys around when I retire. [:'(]

Quick Reply: Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.