HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Alt Don't let the door hit you in the........... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/83376-alt-dont-let-door-hit-you.html)

ulysses 12-20-2004 04:44 PM

Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

Dr. Gary Alt I am one Pa landowner and hunter that is happy to see you gone! Now that you've decimated the deer herd thruout the state in a vain effort to appease those hunters that have forgotten the true meaning of hunting. Falling victim to the "I must have a buck in the books, to be considered a successful deer hunter" egotists. Why not do the honorable thing an admit you were wrong? An urge the PGC to scrap all your failed programs with whitetails.
It is the opinion of many you should have stayed with bears.
Gentlemen let's keep this thread for all those that are thankful Alt is on his way out, I'm certain there is a pro Alt thread somewhere on this board .

I urge ANYONE that has an unused buck tag or a anterless tag to get out post Christmas an kill a button buck if you need the meat, just to honor all Alt has done to the deer herd thruout PA......kind of a final THANK YOU salute to GARY

MikeE51848 12-20-2004 04:53 PM

RE: Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

Where did he go?

Oh, sorry, didn't hear about his retirement. But it may be too late to change anything.

Deer902 12-20-2004 06:44 PM

Yeah lets all go shoot buttion bucks. That'll solve the problem.

Sieg3006 12-20-2004 07:05 PM

Hunters have been shooting button bucks for years with a doe license.
What did he do, thats right issued more doe license on the public lands.

doughboysigep 12-20-2004 08:07 PM

oh no, what will ulysses and the others have to complain about now??????

:D

Pa Trophy Man 12-20-2004 09:14 PM

Last time i checked- a button buck was still a deer? The majority of people are complaining of lack of deer, so lets go kill a button buck...thats really sound reasoning. If you think the deer are all gone, stop hunting for the season. I'm glad to see him go, but don't get to excited just yet...things are going to get worse before they get better.

Bionicrooster 12-20-2004 10:07 PM

urge ANYONE that has an unused buck tag or a anterless tag to get out post Christmas an kill a button buck if you need the meat
Wow. Alt may not have a perfect track record but I don't see how shooting lots of button bucks is going to improve the deer herd....

boozer 12-21-2004 12:03 AM

Well out of 18 tags purchased in this household with DMAPs we harvested 3 BBs is that a bad thing? not in my book. esp when i hunted every day of archery except 4 days. and every day of rifle, and 6 evenings. and only saw a total of 17 deer for the year. i could care less if a "rack buck walked up to me or not" i got 2 eight points on the wall from before the AR when an 8 point with a 14" spread was still a trophy. as far as im concerned any deer now a days is a trophy, and with all that hunting where were all the spikes and Ys that i would of had to let go? I didn't see a single one, so wheres next years rack bucks, and dont say it was those BBs that we didn't let go. Im sorry but ide sooner have it back the way it was. 2 weeks of buck and 3 days of doe, when you sat in your spot and herd the leaves crunching, which made you heart pound, just to see a bunch of does walking by. it still made for a very exciting hunt.

chickory 12-21-2004 06:34 AM

Glad to see the lying loser leave Harrisburg. His kind hype and rhetoric should have been fired ,not retired.

Now we need to work on getting his lame and environmentally extreme policies changed in the PGC.

Just say no to AR.

HR, only where needed.

and somebody put a cork in DCNR and the timber companies lobbiests.

No different rules for different groups of hunters. Adult, youth or old they all follow the same rules.

rybohunter 12-21-2004 07:50 AM

After reading much of these comments day in and day out I am embarrassed to be associated with and lumped into the category of a PA hunter as some of those on here.

Its one thing to have debate back and forth about a topic, its another to see the encouragement of blatant ignorance.