Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hunting in Maine... >

Hunting in Maine...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting in Maine...

Old 12-12-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Hunting in Maine...

I was wondering if someone could answer a couple ?'s for me?, i was going through state web site, checking out laws, seasons etc. even after giong throuh it still not sure, my question is even though i'm a non-res is it possible to apply for moose tag, and any-deer tag, at the same time?. I've always stayed home-in vt- to hunt but want to try something different.
I know that same game here- white tail deer, black bear, moose(permit req.) its just someplace diff. . other ? is, do you need your(state your appling to) hunting license when requsting deer permit, or can you get license before submitting permits?--on site it stated you need license before submitting actuall permit. is it same for an any deer permit? thnks for any help.

-->I have this posted on another site, just currious.thnks
Old 12-13-2004, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Hunting in Maine...

If you mean the same time as in the same calendar year, yes. If you mean in 1 location at the same time, no. The drawings are different with moose being first and any-deer later in the summer.

You will need a license beforehand to apply for an any-deer permit but you can put in 1 chance (unless something has changed) for moose. If it were me and you are serious about hunting in Maine I would buy a license before the moose draw.