Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsy guys

Old 12-09-2004, 05:57 AM

Default RE: Pennsy guys

Chickory,you don't have to appologize for anything.My Grandfather used to have a small 30 acre farm in Dallas township. we would see a lot of deer.Not everyone is a rack hunter like you say and you shouldnt have to apologize to anyone. we shot alot of deer there and 90% of the deer taken were 6 points or less.Man I miss that place. My grand father passed away a few years back and to make a long story short my uncle and father got into a huge dispute.My fathers health was not good at the time and was forced to sell it. My dad is sick over it and wishes just about everyday that he could have found a way to keep that land.

Ruffled Grouse, Thanks for the info and the welcome.I will definatly let you know if I see any grouse.
My Grandfather used to own a small farm in Dallas.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to pa. you're in 3d. you've gotten a good feel alreday from the prior posts about the hunting in your area-i couldn't add much because the other posters are more informed than i am.

some great fishing in your area. broadhead creek has some of the best trout fishing in the northeast. try promised land for bass, wallenpaupack for walleye, bass and stripers, and beltzville for almost anything
Old 12-10-2004, 05:16 AM

boysda,Thanks for the welcome. I have to put in some serious scouting for next year in my area.

I hear the fishing is good by me.I unstersatnd there is a couple of small lakes/ponds in this area I might want to fish.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

no doubt about it. i'd asy some of the best fishing in the commonwealth is within a 30 mile radius of stroudsburg. good luck