Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters FINAL solution! >

PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Old 12-07-2004, 09:00 PM

Default PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Okay guys, lets reach a final solution here as some of these posts are going to hell in a hand-basket!

First, we don't need the personal attacks on each other such as the attack on Rybohunter, we are all hunters here and we need to remember that!

Second, lets all agree that complaining on the internet isn't going to do a thing. Instead of spending hours reading and writing on here, get letters started to the guys in charge. Some may be doing this, but a majority aren't.

Third, lets agree to dis-agree on certain points!

I hunt in an area that has a high deer population, I am not going to deny that. This land is mostly cornfields with broken wood lots and the average buck in this area is typically larger than other areas in the state. I will continue to buy and fill doe tags in this area as it is working here. Now, if it isn't working for you guys in different areas, do something about it. Stop shooting does if the population really is getting too low! Let the PGC and anyone/everyone that you can know what you think. It just hit me that the BIGGEST problem here is that guys aren't looking at the whole picture, and I will admit that I wasn't entirely looking at the whole picture. We get so wrapped up in what is going on in our hunting area that we forget about the other areas. I am not going to tell you guys that the deer populations in your area are fine because I don't know, but I also expect that you guys won't ridicule me for still harvesting does in my area!

We can sit here and chew each other out for days/weeks/months, but the fact is that it isn't going to change anything. Do what you need to do in your area and I will do what I need to do.

One thing that I think we all need to do is be more understanding of others situations (yes, this includes me).

So, to you guys who aren't seeing nearly as many deer as you feel you should, do something about it and good luck with it. I wish you nothing but the best. I will be out in my hunting area tyring to kill another doe because the population is still high and we still have room for improvement.

Finally, lets all remember that there are things that we can do to improve the habitat. If you own property in an area that is less than perfect for deer, plant a food plot. Do whatever you can do to help the herd as we are the true care-takers of the deer!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:26 PM

Default RE: PA Hunters FINAL solution!

BM,
You need to get a grip. Come down off your private land pedistal and look at the situation from a public land hunter. You're not that high and mighty.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-07-2004, 10:08 PM

T_in_PA2,

Who needs to get a grip. I hunt private land. How does that make me high and mighty? Lucky, yes, but high and mighty no! Maybe you should go back and read some of my threads over the past several years. I know what happens on public land, especially considering one of my favorite hunting grounds borders state game lands. They get over-pressured and the hunting is tough!

Some comments on this site amaze me. Guys are getting blasted for filling more than one tag a year, guys are getting blasted because they hunt private property?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:27 PM

I wonder how you can get through a door with your head so big BM....

You preaching to others about how to post when you started the thread "pa hunters complain too much" ?????? What a joke.

You may have a wonderfull place to hunt. Maybe it is near your home where you are lucky to have good deer numbers. We all know that there are some Pa wmu's that are still twice thier DD goals and maybe you are in one of them.... but we also know that there are some pa hunters who are not seeing a ton of deer and are experienceing some less than optimum hunting. Lower sightings and lower harvests.

Pa dropped from 203,000 to 165,000 to 142,000 to this years mediocre harvest and some of those hunters who are not seeing much ( and many after moving to new areas 2-3 years now) have every right to voice thier concerns.

You definitely do need to come down off that high horse and walk a mile in the shoes of some other hunters before you go telling them what they can and cannot post about deer season.

We are happy for your success, the least you could do is show some empathy for those who are experiencing a down turn.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 PM

As far as Private land goes, All bucks shot on Private lands that are entered in the record book should be removed, It is not fair to everyone else being compaired. They do this with Fishing, a Record Steelhead was caught last year, but did not qualify for the books because it wasn't caught on a stretch of stream that everyone had the oppertoonity to fish.
Does someone setting in a heated treehouse, harvesting a big buck that stood still long enough for the "hunter" to open his window and get a shot, and didn't spook because of the smell of gasoline, because of the lazy hunter, parking their 4wheeler too close to their stand, deserve any kind of record??? I think not.
their should be 5 differnet record catagorys.
1 State or public land Bucks
2 Archery or ML bucks
3 Private land Bucks
4 private land Archery or ML.
5 And all catagorys with a cut off point of the AR, theirs alot more nicer racks being taken now, so how is that fair to those who took quality bucks when they were hard to come by.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will hunt with you Buck Magnet.It is a little late for this year.But I could still get a doe tag for your area though.they always keep some around for us disabled veterans. Next year maybe.Dont have the money to travel out there this year
Old 12-08-2004, 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

I hunt in an area that has a high deer population, I am not going to deny that. This land is mostly cornfields with broken wood lots and the average buck in this area is typically larger than other areas in the state. I will continue to buy and fill doe tags in this area as it is working here.
I see some contradiction in this statement right here
Old 12-08-2004, 05:33 AM

OK, Bucky, let's all cut us some slack here. You're a young man, judging by your picture, and have a ways to grow. Most of the problems stem from hunters in your area or situation telling the rest of us we must be lousy hunters, get away from the road, etc and etc. You have a good spot, in a good WMU, but if Dr Alt continues, it won't last. Enjoy it while you can, and good luck hunting the rest of the year.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:38 AM

I'm not the type to sling mud at another hunter for what he does or does not believe in. As for anybody assuming that those of us who aren't seeing deer aren't looking hard enough or don't know what we are doing, that's pointing fingers and slinging mud in every direction. I hunt deep in a valley between two mountains where the terrain is rocky and the brush is thick. If I do get lucky enough to harvest a deer, I have a mile of up hill drag and I'm not talking about a steady up hill drag neither, no sir, it's basically straight up.............. So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that, I hunt hard, scout hard, and I live where I hunt. I guess I just don't know what I'm doing.

Quick Reply: PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.