HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Hunters FINAL solution!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Buck Magnet

Default PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Okay guys, lets reach a final solution here as some of these posts are going to hell in a hand-basket!

First, we don't need the personal attacks on each other such as the attack on Rybohunter, we are all hunters here and we need to remember that!

Second, lets all agree that complaining on the internet isn't going to do a thing. Instead of spending hours reading and writing on here, get letters started to the guys in charge. Some may be doing this, but a majority aren't.

Third, lets agree to dis-agree on certain points!

I hunt in an area that has a high deer population, I am not going to deny that. This land is mostly cornfields with broken wood lots and the average buck in this area is typically larger than other areas in the state. I will continue to buy and fill doe tags in this area as it is working here. Now, if it isn't working for you guys in different areas, do something about it. Stop shooting does if the population really is getting too low! Let the PGC and anyone/everyone that you can know what you think. It just hit me that the BIGGEST problem here is that guys aren't looking at the whole picture, and I will admit that I wasn't entirely looking at the whole picture. We get so wrapped up in what is going on in our hunting area that we forget about the other areas. I am not going to tell you guys that the deer populations in your area are fine because I don't know, but I also expect that you guys won't ridicule me for still harvesting does in my area!

We can sit here and chew each other out for days/weeks/months, but the fact is that it isn't going to change anything. Do what you need to do in your area and I will do what I need to do.

One thing that I think we all need to do is be more understanding of others situations (yes, this includes me).

So, to you guys who aren't seeing nearly as many deer as you feel you should, do something about it and good luck with it. I wish you nothing but the best. I will be out in my hunting area tyring to kill another doe because the population is still high and we still have room for improvement.

Finally, lets all remember that there are things that we can do to improve the habitat. If you own property in an area that is less than perfect for deer, plant a food plot. Do whatever you can do to help the herd as we are the true care-takers of the deer!