Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Buy 'n Burn

Old 12-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pa Buy 'n Burn

hunters from low deer density areas in Pa get smart! BUY 'N BURN THE DOE TAGS IN YOUR WMU if you aren't happy with deer sightins in your hunting territory.
Alt can have 5 million tags printed if they don't get used it won't amount to more doe kills where they aren't needed!
Burn them once you get them cause they belong to you at that point an the PGC still gets the operating $ they so dearly need!
BUY ' N BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know of at least my family's tags in 3A that will be ASHES next AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Buy 'n Burn

There's one problem with the "buy and burn" philosophy. When the doe harvest is not as high as the game commission wanted (due to the tags being burned instead of filled) they will just issue more for the following season. If you're going to burn your doe tag, you should probably fill out a phony harvest report card so the game commission thinks it's killing enough doe.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why would you even but one ?? that would be like sending money to the enemy in a war to buy guns. Hurt them where it hurts the pocket book. At 6 dollars a pop if half of the tags did not get sold that is 3.6 million
Old 12-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Barnesx: I don't advocate doing something illegal like filing the false report. Let each decide for themselves what to do. But it really a moot point about the PGC just issuing more next year, if enough don't buy them ever till numbers get back up it really doesn't matter.
I work with A SLOB (far as I'm concerened) he gets 4 or 5 tags each year for doe, and buys his 2 sons 3 or 4 too. He does whatever he can to get them all filled. Then either gives the meat away or just tosses it. THAT IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS..... GREED just wanton killing!!!!!!!

BUY 'N BURN that's the rally call in my WMU 3A!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

cardeer: cause without the revenue the PGC MAY consider selling tresspass permits to non hunters on Game lands. And once they get a paying voice you can say adios to hunting on them!
Just spend the $6.00 better yet $12.00 and get a bunch of friends to do the same. Have a picnic over Labor day to finish off the leftover venison sauasge and toss them on the Bar-B- QUE to roast marshmellows over!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:12 AM

$26.00 Non-Resident
Old 12-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

buy a few! Alt can use the extra $$ for his pension!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:21 AM

work with A SLOB (far as I'm concerened) he gets 4 or 5 tags each year for doe, and buys his 2 sons 3 or 4 too. He does whatever he can to get them all filled. Then either gives the meat away or just tosses it. THAT IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS..... GREED just wanton killing!!!!!!!
I hate guys like that , if my freezer is full , I'm done hunting. If your killing deer just for the fun of it , then somethings wrong. Too bad that guy will pass those habits down to his kids. Hopefully they will run into an " ethical " hunter and he/she will set em straight
Old 12-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

no such luck, I've tried so many times with this slob I can hardly listen to him anymore as he claims he has an "itchy trigger finger" worse yet he works for a school district and is just sooooooo happy to regale kids an adults with his exploits
Old 12-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

On the one hand I agree to some extent. There are specific areas within our wildlife management units that have seen an overharvest of doe. On the other hand there are also areas within the same WMU that have an overabundance of deer and the game commission issuing more doe tags does nothing to help that.

They (the game commission) needs to do something about gaining further public access to private land holdings....especially larger tracts of land.

Quick Reply: Pa Buy 'n Burn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.