Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Made a bad sot tonight >

Made a bad sot tonight

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Made a bad sot tonight

Old 11-04-2004, 03:15 PM

Default RE: Made a bad shot tonight

Very sad to say i didnt find him i started out looking at 6:30 and i just got home at 5:00 the blood started off pretty good but it slowed up pretty quick about 250 yds into my tracking i found my arrow with a little blood on it he ran into the swamp witch made tracking very hard the blood just stoped after i found he must of clotted up then the rain started at about 12:00 so i just started zig zaging the swamp and the property around it with no luck this really sucks and i can only hope that he lived.
I put all my trail cameras back out on all the scrapes to see if hopefully he is in one of the pictures.
Well just told my wife its off to the bar for me after a miserable day.[:'(]
Old 11-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well - if he dies, remember this: Nature doesn't let anything go to waste. The coyotes, vultures and various other critters will make very good use of that deer. If it stopped bleeding, it will probably live. If not....it happens. You tried your best to recover.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BarnesX.308

Well - if he dies, remember this: Nature doesn't let anything go to waste. The coyotes, vultures and various other critters will make very good use of that deer.
Absolutely true... and a fact that's not mentioned enough. Bad shots happen, just like head colds... you never want 'em,but.... doesn't make anyone less of a hunter...not putting forth the extra effort,would have. You did your best..pick your head up.....