Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Question for NJ hunters >

Question for NJ hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Question for NJ hunters

Old 10-31-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Question for NJ hunters

I have to decide if i want to use my sick week from work this week or next based on the rut activey what do you guys think?(11-1 thru11-5 or 11-8or 11-12)
Thanks alot
Old 10-31-2004, 12:44 PM

Default RE: Question for NJ hunters

I would take 11-15 till 11-20. That should be the peck of the rut. I have been sick and haven't been in the woods, But a brother-in-law told me the tarstil glands are turning color so the rut is close.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with mysicguido take that week if you can, if you cant then take the 2nd week that you mentioned.

Friday night after I hunted, I drove to my friends house in PA to spend the night, he's about 15/20 mins from where we hunt, and lives in a lake community. After we had dinner I was bored, so i got some corn he had, and we were feeding the deer by hand 10 alltogether, 4 large does, 2 fawns, 3 large button bucks, and 1 single spike buck. As he was feeding them I said let me try something, I took out my deer call, and some doe in heat scent, and some buck scent. These deer didnt pay no attention to the call or scent. The spike was trying to pick a fight with the button bucks, and then he would rub a large tree. But as far as the call, and scent, they acted like it wasnt even there, who knows go figuare
Old 10-31-2004, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

If those are your only options I would take the latter of the three. One thing you want to do is get out ther before the permit shotgun. Also depending where you hunt , Pheasant opens the 13th and if you hunt stocked grounds you may want to hunt that prior week. If you hunt the the week of opening day pheasant and done your homework then you know the routes the deer will be taking to avoid the orange army. Good Luck and keep us informed.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I took out my deer call, and some doe in heat scent, and some buck scent.
Your lucky we didn't see you on "When animals attack"
Old 10-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, you have a point, but my friend was in front of me, would of sucked for him if they attacked, LOL !!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 05:35 PM

Thanks alot for the replys i think i will take next week 11-8thru 11-12 because the week after that i have vacation for illinois first shotgun season.
thanks alot