Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Question about other hunters.... >

Question about other hunters....

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question about other hunters....

Old 11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question about other hunters....

I was wondering if any of you guys that have killed a nice buck this year or in the recent past have noticed this. I was hauling the buck I killed on Thanksgiving Day home. It was my best gun kill to date..was a 9 point that will gross around 130. Really nice for northern WV but what Im typing this about is the fact that I swear I have never gotten so many dirty looks in my life from other hunters. It hasnt changed any since I got home......I cant believe this....since when has deer hunting turned into nothing but a big contest? I think a lot of people out there need to sit down and examine exactly why it is that they are in the woods. Isnt it supposed to be fun? Arent we all in this together? Maybe Im too old fashioned. It looks like the Jackie Bushman mentality has taken over the sport.

What is up with that? Hell if somebody kills a nice one I am always happy for them. Always congratulate them or shake their hand..... There were4 or 5 people who acted like that this time....the vast majority were like little kids who had their candy stolen. I can see the reason I have hunted alone for so long.

Have you guys had similar experiences?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Question about other hunters....

jealous people suck
Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Yep. people who hunt antlers, are jealous of bigger antlers, people who hunt meat are jealous of bigger bodies, like you say, they fell you took that chance from them. The few people who really congratualed you are the generally good people, and or real friends, the people who didn't are the average person who is typically pretty self involved. Its just human nature, I suppose we've all acted both ways at times. Congrats on your best deer, and don't worry about what others think, for the most part, they don't worry about what you think. So enjoy your deer and the good folks, ignore the others.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Heck their thinking of making it Law that Bucks here have to have 4 points on one side.

big rockpile
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son outdoes me every year! I wouldnt want to take that away from him. 2 of my friends are genuinely happy for him. My son doesnt like to brag, so I do it for him! When someone is turning green with jealousy, I rub it in DEEP!
Congrads on your buck! Its what you worked for, dont let anyone dampen your spirits, They are loosers and nothing will change that, so have fun with it!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

if you dont get the thrill and respectthe animal,your there justto prove your self, you shouln't be hunthing.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM

Thats a really unfortuneate story, fellow hunters should be congratulating you not giving you bad looks. Just goes to show that not everyone is as considerate as many hunters are.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 AM

I must be lucky, I never get that here. Even if you shoot a spike most people will give you a pat on the back and tell you it is a nice deer. They might be thinking something else, but not many say it.

We don't have to check in deer here either. If you are not going to get it processed somewhere you can just take it home and cut it up.

Paul
Old 11-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deer hunters are an odd lot.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:15 AM

I see this in every facet of life, not just hunting. In my short 34 years on this planet I’ve watched our culture fall farther and farther into the depths of what can only be described as narcissism.

Congratulations on your buck!

Quick Reply: Question about other hunters....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.