Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New Jersey Seasons >

New Jersey Seasons

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey Seasons

Old 10-26-2004, 07:48 AM

Default New Jersey Seasons

Why is it that every other state around us is at least already hunting Muzzleloader and in NJ we cant get into the woods until 11/29 with anything other than a bow ? Its ridiculous ! Wont bow hunt till next year to get the earky start , but the wait till 11/29 is killing me , especially since MD, DE & PA are already hunting with ML. Is it worth it to contact the state to at least open ML earlier ?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Jersey Seasons

I hunt all 3: bow, muzzleloader, shotgun

This time of year with the rut coming very soon, its prime time bow hunting, nothin like bow hunting
Old 10-26-2004, 12:55 PM

So, go buy a license for Delaware, MD or Pa and hunt. Nothing stopping you, and they have some pretty good hunting in those states. You are just a short drive away over the bridge, so give it a try. One thing we don't need here is a gun season any deeper into bow season. We have plenty of opportunities in neighboring states, utilize them.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:05 PM

One thing we don't need here is a gun season any deeper into bow season
why is it that most bowhunters think that the woods & seasons should revolve around them ? I am soon to be hunting bow as well , just never got the somewhat snobby attitude from bowhunters towards firearms , even ML. You buy my out of state license and I'll go to DE or MD. Bow hunters in my zones get 121 days, firearm including ML is 43 , you dont see a predjudice ?I'm all for hunting old school as I will be taking my bow course next week , but from what I've seen on this site for the past two yrs is that us "gun toting" hunters are intruding on your season.....Well excuse me ! I know when I do hunt bow , I wont belittle or look down on firearm hunters.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow you get alot more days then me

I hunt zone 4:
Archery, includes fall, permit, and winter seasons : 85 days
muzzleloder season: 13 days
shotgun, including permit season: 7 days

So you don't see me complaining about either having a muzzleloader season early, or that other hunters in the state have more days then me, if you don't like it thats your choice, and if you feel strong about it then write to NJF&W and complaine, but you will be just wasting your time, stamp, & ink.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:44 PM

I hunt reg set 4

Fall Bow 42 days

Permit bow 53

Permit ML 27

Six day firearm

Permit shotgun 10

Winter Bow 26

Not complaining , just wondered why the season for ML started so late when all the surrounding states are aleady hunting. Wont have to worry about it come 11/14 , when I take the bow course. Just irks me that most , I say most not all , look down on guys that hunt with anything else and that we are intruding on "their" time in the woods.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

slugman there is an option. you could always hunt fort dix. there early muzzleloader days are nov. 8th thru12 but you missed the deadline for the permit and im not sure if there are any over the counter. this is the way i look at it. everyone is so uptight about the seasons including myself at times. i only get 3 weeks to hunt bow in zone 21 before i have to buy another license which is so ridiculous. there are so many deer in this state and i dont care whos killing deer with what. im even good with the crossbows and i do agree that muzzleoader should get one of the first couple weeks of november to hunt the wilds of the rut (no inlines).the object of the state should be to manage numbers and screw the whacky permit system. charge me a 100$ a year to hunt any zone and let me choose the weapon. give the archers the months of september and october by themselves and the rest to what ever kills deer. that simple and less paperwork. i think south carolina uses this approach.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

zone 8 shotgun is 49 days! Most of them late season!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:04 AM

PA right now... early muzzleloader = doe only.