Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 HEY DELAWARE...wheres all the hunters? >

HEY DELAWARE...wheres all the hunters?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HEY DELAWARE...wheres all the hunters?

Old 11-08-2004, 05:56 AM

Default RE: HEY DELAWARE...wheres all the hunters?

Its the same laws north an south on the canal. I dont know what would happen if you got caught hunting a bait pile, i just know i dont have the kind of luck to do it an get away with it. Ive only seen two other bowhunters since sept 1st. Those directions are in this thread.Havent seen a gamewarden this year on the canal, but that will probably change friday.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:56 PM

i havent seen a game warden in 7 yrs hunting in de?? do they come in the woods during archery??
Old 11-11-2004, 05:54 AM

Ive never seen a game warden in the woods on the c&d, but theyll wait by your vehicle at the end of shooting time. Have had that happen quite a few times, none this year though. Lemond, is it hard to get in and out of the lonewolf hang on stand, ive never used one before, do you have to have the last tree step or climbing stick above where your going to hang the stand. I already have 4 climbing sticks. How many sticks do you use. What system are you using to hang the stand, EZ hook or the tree v bracket. How small of a tree have you used the hang on stand. Do you have to unhook you safety belt to get above the stand when getting in. Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't run into GW since I hunted Little Creek WMA Ted Harvey tract. You could always plan on seeing GW if you hunted either one of those areas.
They will sit 1/2 mile away and watch you pick your nose with set of 50 Binoch's. I've been lucky as I would on occasion lean my weapon on vehicle or take my hat off in state stand. Top 4 things I saw guys get busted on.

1. no plug in gun
2. leaning loaded weapon on/in vehicle
3. not wearing blaze orange Hat or having less than 400 sq" of blaze.
4. no tag on deer

I've never hunted in Bombay Hook(fed wardens over there). I hear the feds are really tough. Don't cut anybody any slack.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:02 PM

the lone wolf system is by far the best system for hunting public land. i do not use the bracket, i use the hook and another strap around the button. u can step onto it once u have the straps on and it will not move a bit. u can put the last step even or above it, but it is always best to step on a stand from above...u never want to be even because it might...might whip on u and u r done. when u step down, that usually will not happen. when i originally purchased the system u only were told to hunt with the hook, but now they are saying use the hook and strap the button. u can get it on some pretty skiny trees and med thick ones...22in in dia. i love it. i use 3 sticks, but i am thinking of getting a 4th...it great in the little pine forest at augustine. the deer are not used to being shot at from above at all the weight is great too...7lbs....jesus
Old 11-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Al watch out for the leaners, they have a lottery to see who can get the most leaners as they call them and they have a pool , the winner gets the pool. I have heard this from the GW's, so lay it flat on the ground.. It sounded like a war zone this morning at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Reserve, I was in my stand just across the road and at least 20 shots during the course of the morning, don't know about results, but a lot of noise....