Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Delaware hunters let me know >

Delaware hunters let me know

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware hunters let me know

Old 09-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Delaware hunters let me know

what changes you want in the State parks, we are having a meeting soon to decide the changes and I need to present the case......
Old 09-29-2004, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Delaware hunters let me know

I would to see deer drives stopped in all state forest and wild life area's.
I hunt Midland wild life area and there is a lot of driving done here. Mostly my out of state hunters.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello Ron,

ALL - EVERY state park should have "Catch and Release (fish) forms" no excuses.

Last week I was told F&W in Dover did not have any! Told to ck with wall marts. Two stores did not have any. Also advised go to little creek field office. Be darned if I'm driving to little creek to p/u catch & release forms.

More to come as I brain storm. AL
Old 09-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

OLDSNOW,

State Parks - not wildlife areas.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:11 PM

Hi RonM,
we've talked before but it's been a while. Once the season started I only check this site once every other week.
I mainly hunt WCC ST park and enjoy doing so very much. I only have a few second left of my break so here goes:
1. Loosen up on the must hunt with in 20yds of a stand or post. Make it 50 yrds or even better yet determin how many hunters can occupy an area and let us go in and hunt (climbers or ground). 2. Stop putting the stands next to walking trails. 3. Move the stands 50yds or so during the off season. I'm sure the hunters will do the work, I know I will. You cant tell me the deer don't know where they are. I've seen deer walk completly around a stand area that was unoccupied. 4. Extend the archery season. All of us are working class guys and are lucky to make it out 2-3 times a week and usually only for a AM or PM (1/2 day). With a season that is only 4 weeks long thats not much time. 5.Open some of the areas that are currently not hunted(Middel Run is huge). This could be done for archery only hunting, again climbers or gorund hunting. Dont worry about having pre built stands every where. 6. Make hunting spots available away from walking trails! This only leads to drama with non-hunters! 7. loosen up a bit on the hunting with in 20 yds. Make us Archery hunters take a safety/profeciency test if that would make everyone feel more cumfortable.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

My meeting is tomorrow, De Hunter I have documented your suggestions to takek to the meeting, If anyone else has anything get it on here... tonight... Ron M
Old 10-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe the state could open up Killens Pond for deer hunting?
Old 10-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

DE hunter I had the meeting with the Natural Resources Manager, we met most of the day, he is quite on the ball with data nvolving whitetails and especially as they pertain to the parks problems, I took a list of your concers and in fact got him on HNI and introduced him to this forum and he agrees with all your suggestions except Middle run, apparently hunting there is not going to be available, we also discussed putting in food plots, maybe getting hunters together and organized to participate in future harvests to thin the herd, and other options that hunters might suggest. could be in the realm of possiblity, he has done his homework on this problem, we are getting together again soonto plan on stand locations , etc, at other parks as well. No hunting at Killens again this year, but that is going to change next year, as the management plans kick into high gear...