Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night) >

Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Old 10-14-2004, 03:10 PM

Default RE: Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

bearklr....the state record for a typical buck shot with a bow and arrow is 174....the state record nontypical buck shot with a bow and arrow is 203....it was a 21 pointer shot in Lehigh County in 1988 by Craig Krisher...go to the Game Commission's Web site and go to the state records to check it out for yourself...
Old 10-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a monster!!!! Great buck
Old 10-17-2004, 02:37 AM

man this deer is definately 4 years old or more. he is not a product of the PGC's new regs, but i like the way it is being handled (AR), we will see a heck of a lot more of these quality bucks turn up in PA now that the new regs are in place. my wife emailed me this from work the day after it was shot. i think he's a keeper!!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:24 PM

WOW! My unlce showed me a picture of the buck, it's huge. I was wondering if it might be possible to e-mail me some pic(s) and any info on it. My email is [email protected]. Thanks it would be much appreciated.

congradulation,
Brandon
Old 11-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am unsure whether or not some of you folks saw it but one of the local periodicals, the PA Outdoor News, had a small article about the buck in the latest edition. In the article Huntingnet.com was mentioned as one of the sites where a discussion of the buck and pictures had surfaced.

I wonder if any new info has surfaced since the story originally broke. Is the guy going to have it measured? What is he planning on doing with it?
Old 11-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see the picture. Can someone help.

Also - what about Fritz Janosky's 186" typical that was shot in Bradford County in the 1940s?
Old 11-02-2004, 04:53 PM

Does anyone know where we can see a picture of this buck. The one posted on this forum does not work anymore due to bandwidth issues?
Old 11-02-2004, 05:05 PM

Try this link.

http://www.huntingpa.com/ubbthreads/...b=5&o=&fpart=1

If you are a PA hunter check out this MB. It is the best MB for PA hunters and has lot's of info you won't get from the PGC or any other MB.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would they score that as a typical with deductions or go for a non-typical? I think it would be much more impressive as a typical. I don't know if it would break the record with deductions. That's why I don't like the scoring system. That's a monster.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

pabowhntr, I saw that same article with a pic and some of the quotes I made regarding the deer. I posted it the morning after it was shot here on huntingnet and was contacted via e-mail by a reporter. It's good to see the websites name getting out like that throughout Pa. It's funny how fast things spread on the internet, I post a pic 12 hours after the deer is taken and a few days later it's all over 4 different sites

Quick Reply: Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.