Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night) >

Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Old 10-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

The photo on my computer at work was really dark. Now that I see it better I believe you are probably close on the age livbucks.

Anyone want to guess the score? I put him in the mid 180's gross and maybe low 170's
net.

An awesome buck, no matter what.

Sure am glad the PGC got some sense and made more like him a possibility!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure am glad the PGC got some sense and made more like him a possibility!
Yes, but we could be wrong and the facts could prove we are wrong.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:34 AM

Real nice buck!!!! Ya done did good!!!! And it doesn't matter where you take the pitcher-----a buck like that one doesn't come around very often and the photo looks great where ever it's taken. You're little girl looks like she's wondering just what all the excitement is about..... How about an estimate of how high up in the tree(if you were in a tree stand) you were to get out of the whiffer of that trophy. Thanks for the photo and good luck the rest of the season!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow... that's a beauty.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:40 PM

It was common knowledge that this bad boy was around Rothsville. Although I never saw him, several of my friends did. One of them almost wrecked his car when he saw him.

The guy in the pic farms his father-in-law's farm (Zimmerman), below Keller's mountains. Nera perfect deer habitat.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:00 PM

Remember , you ask for it.

I guess or bean counter will chime in next with all the "facts and figures" to prove that this was simply an abberation in spite of all the harm Gary Alt has done
Prior to AR there were always a few monster buck harvested every year. But, if that buck was in fact the product of AR ,here is the price the other hunters of PA paid in order for that one hunter could harvest a trophy. In 2002 the buck harvest was reduced by 38K due to AR and in 2003 it was reduced by 61K which is a grand total of 99K buck that weren't harvested in order that one hunter could harvest that trophy.

The fact is that in 2003 AR only increased the number of 8+ pt. buck harvested by 4,100. That is a lousey return for preventing 38K hunters from harvesting a buck in 2002. Furthermore, it prevented hunters from reducing the herd by 5%/yr. as Alt claimed was necessary. So in order to satisfy a few trophy hunters 99K other hunters paid the price and the herd hasn't been decreased by even 1% since Alt was appointed and in fact it has increased ,at least according to the PGC.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:37 AM

Actually this buck is the product of AR. Not Alt imposed AR, but AR practiced by this hunters and the select few that have permission to hunt his and surrounding farms. These guys are very picky and will not shoot just any deer.

I did not hear this first hand from the hunter in the pic, but a friend told me he heard he actually passed up a nice 8 point about 15 minutes before this bruiser appeared.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weikert, he didn't pass on the 8 point it was chased off shortly after he got site of it by this brute coming through the cornfield.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:09 PM

That's a heck of a buck. Don't know if it will make state record. The record is a 21-point that scored 203 inches. Can someone get me in touch with the guy who shot it? I work for the local newspaper and I'd love to hear his story on this brute.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

buckman519, the state record taken with a bow is not 203. You are reffering to the one taken with a rifle in Erie. If this deer scores 175 typical he would take the state archery record. If it's scored NT it will have to score higher but it's still not above 200. What newspaper do you work for, I live in the area and had this pic sent to me the day after it was shot so I may be able to e-mail the guy who sent it to me and see if I can get you in contact with the hunter.

Quick Reply: Possible Pa state record buck pics (shot last night)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.