Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New Jersey Bear Hunt Is On !!!! >

New Jersey Bear Hunt Is On !!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey Bear Hunt Is On !!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Jersey Bear Hunt Is On !!!!

I just called the NJF&W, they told me that the hunt is on!!!!! Applications should be out at stores or on there web site in about 1 week
Old 08-24-2004, 02:09 PM

Default RE: New Jersey Bear Hunt Is On !!!!

Kool.... I'm in for that...... About TIME..... Bring on The Bears.......
Old 08-24-2004, 05:43 PM
jbc

Don't get too excited. Call again tomorrow and I'm sure you will get a different answer. Applications have not even been printed yet.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

JBC, I was curious so I did call just a few minutes ago, the women told me that they dont know if there will be a bear hunt for 2004. But then again she talked like she had a 3rd grade education. I guess time will only tell, and if permits have to be in by September 30th, I assume they will make a decision soon.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:54 AM
jbc

It's not up to the division. The F&G Council has already voted the game code. Campbell is holding back applications. The game code needs to be entered into the register to become law. Once that happens lawsuits against the DEP and Campbell will appear. Look for Campbell to try anything at this point.

Support the Federation and the US Sportsmans alliance as they will be leading the fight.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last week I emailed the NJF&W about the 2004 bear hunt, and they never did reply back to me, and i forgot all about it. Well 3:30 pm today I get a phone call from a women I dont want to put out her name on here, but she works with bear project. She told me that shes repling to my email. She said the hunt is on, the applications are being printed they should be ready by the 1st week of September, and that Campbell cant stop the hunt, he doesnt have the power to do so, he can only advised, but even if he could they will still have the hunt that would be under your regular deer license how that would work was to much for me to remember, but she did say that more then 95% chance that the system they used last year including application, seminar, permit, etc. will be done this year. She did give me her direct office number, and told me to call her next week, and she would have more info to give me. But I do agree with JBC, that you get stories from different people.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

but she did say that more then 95% chance that the system they used last year including application, seminar, permit, etc. will be done this year
If you had a permit last year. they shouldn't make you sit through the coarse again.[:'(]
Old 08-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you took the course last year, you only need to fill out the application, no need to take the course again
Old 08-25-2004, 05:55 PM
jbc

Correct, you don't have to take the course again. As long as there is less than 10,000 applicants you are guaranteed a permit.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE HOW THIS CAMBELL GUY MADE IT INTO OUR DIGEST AND THEN WASTED SPACE TO SAY HOW UPSET HE IS AT THE COUNCIL. WHAT A BIG BABY! GET OUT OF OUR DIGEST. PROBABLY IN WITH THE MCGREEVEY AGENDA.

Quick Reply: New Jersey Bear Hunt Is On !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.