Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 bass pro shops coming to PA >

bass pro shops coming to PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

bass pro shops coming to PA

Old 08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default bass pro shops coming to PA

thier opening up a store/center in harrisburg , PA . thier suppose to be opening up in november of this year .

this may have allready been posted but , i thought i'de give a holla anyway
Old 08-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bass pro shops coming to PA

knew they would in time.....but yet.....another store i want to go to....ACROSS the state....i plan to head to wheeling cabelas soon....im saving my cash and if my car doesnt need anything for inspection im goin shoppin!!! cant wait....me and dad will be lost in there for hours im sure!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope for you PA guys sake that the Bass Pro in Harrisburg has better customer service than the one in Arundel Mills here in Maryland. I had more than one occurence of sales staff not wanting to bother breaking up their conversation or walking to the other end of the gun counter. In fact my last and final trip there was when I went there to purchase my entire reloading set up, I had probably $450 in my cart and tried to ask a salesmen to retrieve me powder from behind the counter, when I stood there for at least 5 min right in front of him and patiently waited for him to finish his conversation with another salesmen about his house or bathroom or something, he looked up at me and continued on with his conversation. I then interrupted him and told him that since he was more involved with his conversation than helping me, that I was "just gonna leave this $450 cart sit here and go to Cabelas". I did just that even though cabelas is about 45 min further for me, I am very pleased with their willingness to help!!! From now on its Cabelas all the way!!!!

ps I still had like 45 bass pro points I cut the card up and threw it away
Old 08-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

mossy33oak ,
did he say anything after you told him you were leaving , or try to get you to still buy thier goods ??

if not , you should've complained to the management , you might've got a discount
Old 08-22-2004, 04:41 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak
I had more than one occurence of sales staff not wanting to bother breaking up their conversation or walking to the other end of the gun counter. In fact my last and final trip there was when I went there to purchase my entire reloading set up, I had probably $450 in my cart and tried to ask a salesmen to retrieve me powder from behind the counter, when I stood there for at least 5 min right in front of him and patiently waited for him to finish his conversation with another salesmen about his house or bathroom or something, he looked up at me and continued on with his conversation. I then interrupted him and told him that since he was more involved with his conversation than helping me.

Sounds like Gander Mountain in Muncy
Old 08-23-2004, 10:01 AM

Moving from Springfield, Missouri....i have fallen in love with bass pro, and their customer service is just fine there. Hopefully it is the same that is gonna be here in PA....i cant wait for it to open..another place to take all of my money
Old 08-23-2004, 02:10 PM

Their actually going to open one in Western PA too, I heard it on the news and their supposedly talking about putting it in Washington, PA which is south of Pittsburgh. They haven't made the final decisions yet and I'm not sure when their going to start building it.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:36 AM

I lived about 5 minutes from where the Bass Pro is opening, i am glad i moved before it opened, i am sure traffic will be a real nightmare when it first opens. Now i am about 15 minutes away. I am still trying to convonce my wife that she should get a part time job there