Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 So. MD bowhunters, read this. >

So. MD bowhunters, read this.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

So. MD bowhunters, read this.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:57 AM

Default So. MD bowhunters, read this.

For anyone who lives anywhere near St. Mary's Co. I just want to let you know about Kim at Treestand Archery. First off let me tell you she knows her $hit. I went to pick my bow up on Fri. and even though she was busy she took the time to make sure my bow was shooting well. She told me the new arrows I ordered worked better at a certain length, so i tried that length and sure enough. So she cut em. While she's in the middle of cutting them she says "if they turn out to be too short with BH's on let me know and we'll work through it" as in, she'd order me new ones.

Then I needed some replacement blades for my BH's, she said they were on order, then took a package of full heads and gave me just the blades. Said when the blades came in she could put them in the box and sell them then.

This lady is amazing, her knowledge of archery, how to tune a bow, her willingness to help each and ever person with every little detail. Plus she's always smiling. She is just awesome!!!

Just wanted to "vent". Everyone always "vents" about the bad stuff, wanted to share a very positive experiance with you all.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: So. MD bowhunters, read this.

I have been dealing with Kim for about 5 yrs now. I can vouch for everything you said
Old 08-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think Tony is her son. I worked with him for a couple years than the company we worked for transfered to NJ. I had over 20 years with them so I had to go along. He stayed behind and became a State Trooper. His dad and Kim owned Blackbeards if I remember. I can't really remember what relationship Kim is to him though to be honset with you but your right, she knows some stuff.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

MD, you are correct. Unfortunatly Kim and her husband split up, last I heard he still had Blackbeards. Kim has opened up shop in her home, it is called "the Treestand"
Old 08-04-2004, 06:42 AM

Yeah, that's the case. Tony still has Blackbeards. Both of them are great people. I used to sell minnow to them when I was a little kid. 10 years old, I'd catch minnows off my parents pier. Those were the days.

Anyway, if anyone needs anything done to their bow or anything special ordered she'll take care of you.

Her shop is down Jone's Wharf Rd. off of Rt.5, I had a hell of a time finding it when she moved.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:55 PM

I have a small shop in the southern part of the county (dameron) if she can`t help you give me a call Archery accessories 240-925-0883. I have a real job and work on archery part time, not a huge amount of stock but about everything you should need to tune you equipment. I also cut arrows and fletch,paper tune and cronograph