Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 My girlfriend beat me!!!! >

My girlfriend beat me!!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My girlfriend beat me!!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 06:43 AM

Default My girlfriend beat me!!!!

Yep, I went out fishing with my girlfriend yesterday and she beat me. We were fishing a highly pressured section of stream here in PA and of course, I had to spend about an hour and a half trying to catch a big palamino (probablly 22-24 inches long)! I tried everything for that fish, Yo-Zuri's, Rapalas, Roostertails, Flies, Nightcrawlers, ect.. and nothing would work. Well, after that, we headed down stream and I was pulling trout after trout out of the stream! The whole time, my girlfriend isn't even getting a hit, and she just wasn't having a good day. We got down stream to the last hole we were going to fish and right in the shallow water around the hole, my girlfriend slipped and fell! She got up and was just about ready to quit. I told her to give me a couple casts and we would leave! I cast out and had a large trout tail my lure, and I made the mistake of telling her that a big trout missed my lure! She cast out and within seconds, she had a hit! She started reeling in and I saw the thing and realized that it was bigger than I had thought! This big ol rainbow was heading for the current when I realized that her drag was set very high. She was using 4# test and this fishing was pushing it hard! I reached over and lowered the drag a bit and got my net ready! I waded out in front of her and wouldn't you know, the trout wraped the line around me so I was in a bad spot! Finally, I got out of that situation and got the fish in my net. At this point, my girlfriend still doesn't realize how big this trout is and I look at her and tell her "well, were heading to the taxidermist". (I have been promissing her that if she caught a big trout, I would get it mounted for her". I got my stringer out and put the trout on it, and took the hook out, and then I lifted it out of my net and she finally realized how big it was. Her face light up and she forgot about how bad her day was going!

The trout was a 21" rainbow that weighed in at 3.4#! This fish was absolutely perfect with no broken or split fins and great color. The tail was the only thing that showed some abuse, and that was very slight! I will get pics of the fish on here latter!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My girlfriend beat me!!!!

swwet , i love it when girls get out there in the outdoors , my gf is learning fast , she isnt really the outdoors type either ... with always having to have her hair perfect , her nails done , tanning all the time , u know the usual cheerleader princess type , but i have her now so that she not only will catch them herself when recognizing a hit , BUT SHE TAKES THEM OFF HERSELF i love it... !!!! cant wait for some pics of that whopper!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky guys!The only time my wife touches fish is whe she's opening a box of frozen fish sticks.Congrats to your woman,BM-post them pics.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:29 AM

At first, when I read your post, I was thinking, boy she must have beat you with a stick... and not fishing.

Congrats on the fish. About 2 years ago, I pulled a 26 inch Pickerl, almost 5 pounds, through the ice.
That was an experience so I know how happy she was catching that fish.

Keep the pics coming too.

T