Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Let the countdown begin!! >

Let the countdown begin!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Let the countdown begin!!

Old 05-24-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Let the countdown begin!!

Well ladies and gentlemen, here we are again. The Countdown has begun, 100 days until the DE Archery Season Deer Opener!

I have to admit that I'm not as reved (sp) up as I was this time last year.
I think its the combination of a few things. Last year was a long season
for me. I still havent mentally recovered from the near miss on the last
day of last season. I've also been doing alot of work around the house and the threat of Fish and Game adding antlerless shotgun days to the October weekends has taken some wind outta the old sales. By this time last year, I already had all my new gear and was shooting the bow. Its been outta the case once since the last day.

What, if anything, has anyone else been doing to prepare? I did repair my deerstand at the leased place in March. Replaced all the old rotting steps and reinforced the platform. Better to do it in March then August when the Mosquitos would carry me away. I think i'll have my father take my bow in to the local pro shop down home to get the rest upgraded and a re-string. Lords know when I'll have the time. Once I get it back, i'll start shooting again more regular.

Just a reminder that the Deer Workshop for New Castle Co is Thursday, May 27th, 7pm at the Ommelanden Range, Hunter education room. Im going to get my ducks in a row tomorrow. Ken Reynolds told me that time allocated to make comments and ask questions would depend on how many people showed up. I think I'm going to need about 5 minutes. I'll probably only get 2 minutes into it before they tell me to shut up [8D] but hey, this is our deer herd and seasons we're talking about here! No one from here or another site I post mentioned how the Dover Meeting went. I wonder how many hunters actually showed up?

Well, let the visions of big bucks begin dancing in our heads! Talk again
at the next countdown post!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Let the countdown begin!!

Duck,
you are the only guy I know (well kinda know) who is as fired up about hunting as me. Are you married? any kids? Don't mean to get personal but right below wife and kids is where hunting falls on the list me me, then work.
Thanks for the reminder about the meeting this Thursday, I'll try to make it.
I too am looking forward to this season but have also lost some of the wind from my sails. Not because of the proposed season changes but I recently started a second job and am afraid that this season may be a short one for me. My day job has lot's of flexability but my night job is pretty ridged. I need to pay of some bills, mabey I can get it done before October??

If the bills ain't paid off by at least October I'll be back in the dog house cause the little Mrs. ain't gona like it but Oh well. My dog's are used to sharing their space with me and we can't let a little this like debt stand in the way of an oppertunity to get the big one!

Later, Ken