Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MONSTER PA TROUT PICS!!!!!!!! >

MONSTER PA TROUT PICS!!!!!!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MONSTER PA TROUT PICS!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MONSTER PA TROUT PICS!!!!!!!!

DL, I haven't been out fishing much and I haven't made it to Kinzua Creek or Sugar yet. I've been scouting a lot for whitetails though! I'll be camping from Thurday night thru Monday afternoon somewhere around Jake's Rocks on 160 or 259....not sure yet were exactly. We might make a trip down to Elijah or Dew Drop a few of those evening and try to get a few 'eyes for the fire.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:12 AM

Hey man, NICE FISH! I told you your sesson would turn around once the weather warmed up a little. Congrats! TGK
Old 05-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

JASON N... Let me know if your hitting up the elijah boat ramp area or the elijak area in general , although they say its sorta shallow there , for some reason i bang the EYE there , also by red bridge which is maybe a mile or 2 from my camp is a hotspot for me at night , all i do is jig shinners along the bottom in close . I think they come up into elijah and those areas to feed on the minis at night... but def. lemme know if your headed down , we can hook up . also maybe hit the streams one morning if we r up to it... or even these bass ponds that i found on the top of a mountain out there , they r for the geese or something , but loaded with monster bass , like some real pigs...
Old 05-11-2004, 05:40 PM

Nice big trout kiddo, but take the next step and learn to use a flyrod instead.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:22 PM

Nice fish and great pictures.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:47 PM

They're beauties, Buck Magnet. You and your buddy found the hot spot, now don't give in and tell anybody!
Old 05-11-2004, 07:02 PM

Thanks guys,

MikeE51848,

Next time I head out there, I am taking the fly rod! There were a bunch of big trout smashing flies all day, and when I put lures past them, they didn't budge!

Don't worry, I'm not tellin anybody about this spot!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:56 PM

Hey guys,

Here are a few more pics from Saturday! Enjoy!

Old 05-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

my gosh.......ive never in my life seen that many big trout caught in PA.......i thought my 15 inch brownie i caught this year was decint.....all the others were the normal 10-12s.....them guys are beasts.......i got the right lure.........just not the fish......i need to find me some of them fish!!! those are some great pics too....congrats.........keep pounding them........
Old 05-11-2004, 11:49 PM

mauser,

There are alot of big trout in PA! The key is that you have to go find a stream that is stocked in several different places, and find a spot that nobody else fishes! These fish were pulled out of the stream about 5 miles upstream from one are where people fish and about 4 miles downstream from another area where people fish! The fish were put in the stream and nobody fished for them. They had the perfect enviroment (Pennsylvania has some of the best streams around for trout), and all it took was age. With this area being so far from anywhere, the trout never got caught, and they grew huge! I am not sure when I will hit this section of stream again! It is a pain to walk the whole way up stream to get to this area, especially in waders, but man, those trout make you forget about the loooooong walk! My friend and I were fishing a deep hole and I had a MONSTER trout hit my lure, but I wasn't paying attention and didn't set the hook! I had cast out and let my lure sit on the surface. I read in my pocket to get a piece of candy and I saw the thing raise up and hit the lure, but I had my hand in my pocket! When I set the hook, he was gone. It was probablly a 26" rainbow..... absolutely enormous! I spent about an hour or so trying to get that fish to hit, or atleast follow the lure again, but he wouldn't raise back up!

P.S. My best friends Brookie was the biggest brook trout we have ever seen! That thing was so fat. You couldn't even fit your hand around that bad boy.

Another thing.... we actually released all these fish [:-] I want a rainbow for on the wall, but these big boys will be there for another fight another day! It is amazing how a 5 pound brown will rip line off your reel faster than you thought possible!

Quick Reply: MONSTER PA TROUT PICS!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.