Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PGC just released, Alt resigns!!! >

PGC just released, Alt resigns!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC just released, Alt resigns!!!

Old 04-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: PGC just released, Alt resigns!!!

BT dont like the way things are headed myself. As for killing any buck so what. What you decide to take or not to take was up to the individual. I am not one that needs to have a deer behind every tree but still can see no reason for ar other than to get hr pushed thru. In over 30 years of hunting I have taken more doe than buck so trying to use take a doe wont work with me. Why is it some cant seem to realize that not everyone cares about whats on a bucks head?
There was an article in the outdoor section here that Lycoming Cos. harvets was down 32% from last years. Now how many on here would like that statistic for their hunting area? As it stands now I am betting the 2g will see an increase in tags again this year even tho the herd has been drastically reduced.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:34 PM

You may be surprised to see a decrease in anterless tags for 2 G this year, but just remember once the herd is reduced below its OWDD goal it takes a lot fewer tags to keep the herd stable or reduce it even more. With an OWDD of 12 DPSM and a recruitmenet rate of 40% , the OW herd only recruits 5 fawns/SM, so hunters only have to harvest 5 DPSM to keep the herd stable.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:37 AM

Uh Oh DJ SPINderella is at it again!!![&:]