Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Looking to book a boar hunt in PA >

Looking to book a boar hunt in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looking to book a boar hunt in PA

Old 03-19-2004, 06:59 AM

Default Looking to book a boar hunt in PA

me and my dad are looking to book a boar hunt in PA this year but we have no idea where to go.... We would prefer a place where no license is required... we are considering this placewww.hunt-tioga.com
just looking for some more info....

Old 03-19-2004, 09:09 AM

Default RE: Looking to book a boar hunt in PA

They've been around a while, but have no idea of thier reputation good or bad. One year at the sportsman's show the folks at thier booth were less than friendly. This past year they couldn't have been friendlier. I do go the last day and lots of folks look worn out so that could have contributed to the lack of friendliness on that one occassion. If I remeber the brochure correctly it's 500 dollars for a hog hunt (with gaurentied kill I believe) and about 70 dollars to butcher for you. 50 dollars a person to stay overnight, 50 bucks extra for someone to hunt with you. I thinks all that is pretty close to correct. They have about 80% black and 20% red.
You can use thier dogs if you'd like to here dogs running at no extra charge or hunt them without dogs. Enjoy. If you go, let us know how you make out and what you thought of the place. Juniorpc.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:15 AM

yea all those rates are correct but i didnt know about the 80% black 20% red stuff thats pretty cool... Im still savin up for it... Probably gonna use my dad's 30-30
Old 03-20-2004, 06:51 AM

try www.highridgehunting.com or 1-814-798-9635 or 1-814-266-6330 there near sommerset pa I have hunted there several times and taken 3 hogs with a bow they run a Great Hunt and there very friendly . ask for Fred
Old 03-23-2004, 04:56 PM

i took a trip up there to check the place out i got to say was not to much to talk about it is a old fram house. but they look like they will take care of most of your needs. the day that i was up there the hands were feild dressing a bunch of hogs. imho it is not a real challange to shoot a critter in a fence
Old 03-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Typical Buck

Tioga is a pretty small place from what I have heard. Kind of like hunting in a petting zoo. Pay your money and blast a hog.....not my idea of hunting

Save your pennies and take a trip to Texas. I just got back from a 4 day hunt. Wide open ranches and real scenarios. If you get one, it is fair and square. Those pigs aren't used to people being around so you have to use the same cautions as you would for deer with regard to scent and the wind.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

A couple of hunting buddies of mine went to the Tioga operation to boar hunt two or three years buck. They had a good time. I think 6 out of 7 of them took a hog with various weapons in a two day time period.

Not to knock my buddies but these guys don't always take a whitetail deer every year where we hunt. If they can shoot a hog in two days and not take a whitetail all season then.....

One of those guys is also taking a look at a boar hunt in an operation here in Tamaqua. I believe it is called Big Oaks Lodge but I do not have an url for it. 1800 acres, exotics, etc.. Price is about the same as the Tioga operation for boars.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:55 PM

98redline hit it right on the head, i was there in 1998 , when they run them up along the fence .make sure you take a step back or they will steamroll you. never again , disgusting!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck if you go!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:12 AM
ARO

i would stay away from high ridge, i hunted there about 4 or 5 years ago and got ripped off. fred talks a good game, but thats about it!!!
he charged me for a gold medal ram, which i remeasured when i got home, it was mid bronze, how can you mis-measure a ram by 15 inches???

been to wild hill preserve in vermont, that was really nice, check them out.