Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Wanted
 Ram or Boar hunt PA or NY >

Ram or Boar hunt PA or NY

Community
Wanted Post your ad here and let us help you find what you're looking for.

Ram or Boar hunt PA or NY

Old 02-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Ram or Boar hunt PA or NY

I live in NYC and I am looking for a good
Ram hunt or boar, any outfitters recommended, and if you have hunted and taken please provide pictures. Thanks I am looking to do this within the next several months party of three.

Thanks everyone.

Has anybody hunted or have any feed back on
The Wilderness Exotic Hunting - http://www.thewildernesspa.com/
Old 03-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Default RE: Ram or Boar hunt PA or NY

Tioga Boar Hunting Preserve( http://www.hunt-tioga.com/) I had a great hunt here. Guides were nice and professional, the lodge and food was great. I'd recommend it. If you want more pics let me know I have alot of the area.

This is my Dad and Larry and I, back in PA hunting wild boar that at times had us running for our lives on the Tioga Boar Hunting Preserve. Hiking through the Appalachian Mts. with my father who told a PISSED off boar hog that started to charge him Don't even ****ing think about,she then stopped, backed off popping her teeth and ran away. Dr Dolittle meets Ted Nugent, my Dad's still got it, always will. He also killed a 300 lb boar hog,6 ft long that was coming straight for us when it got up with the old reliable WIDOWMAKER, an old Rem. 30-.06 pump with a neck shot that stopped it in it tracks. Our guides had to arrange for a front end loader to come get it out of the woods. Larry stalked down the mountain side and killed a 6 ft 275lb hog with a Horton crossbow, toughest pig I've ever saw, he shot and never missed 5 times. Then when we thought the boar hog had nothing left he screamed and got up again. Larry took a hunting knife snuck up behind it and stabbed it twice in the heart to finish it. It's being mounted as we speak. Kudos Lar! I was able to take 2 hogs, both with my Bowtech Allegiance 70lb compound bow, a 190 lb canadian boar on a dead run with a shot to the neck that broke the spine and the jugular, then finishing him off with a knife stroke to the heart. The second was a large 200 lb Black Russian that was shot through the chest, but not fatally wounded. We ended up calling on the dogs, two border collies with the personalities of labs but the bloodthirst and hearts of Pitbulls. They found the hog on the mountainside and held him at bay til I made the fatal shot that sent him stumbling about 60 yds straight down, with the dogs tearing into him the whole way. Great dogs!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Fork Horn

Try www.bighornexotics.com they are in Kentucky but are a lot better priced by 1/2 then I found in Penn, Ohio and Michigan. THey have plenty of pictures on there website and they sell on ebay. They have rams, goats, blackbucks, buffalo and other species, check out there website.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 AM

Papo,

About: The Wilderness PA www.thewildernesspa.comI have seen there complete operation and belive they are one of the finest outfitters out there. There food, staff, hospitalityand pricesare Superior to other outfitters.