Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How many Pa hunters are pleased? >

How many Pa hunters are pleased?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many Pa hunters are pleased?

Old 03-21-2004, 07:19 PM

Default RE: How many Pa hunters are pleased?

I think the deer herd in my area is just the same as it was last year and the year before and the year before and so on. I dont really see any problem.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:46 AM

The buck rule is great, bigger buck not more buck. There are still a million hunters shooting buck. The number will stay at a mean. If you fish a spot that has a 12" limit on the size of fish, most of the fish you catch are 12" or less. There are not more just bigger buck. Some of you guys hunting private ground should go out on public land for a while and hunt that to get frustrated. I am sick of hearing all the excuses why people are not shooting deer. The reason is there are not as many deer on public hunting grounds as there used to be. Talk with the old timers that hunted private grounds. They used to pass on 6 pointers because they would see bigger and more buck. You can't keep taking deer out of the mountain and expect there to be some for the future. The game commission has us sold on more deer. If this is true why is the deer kill going down if there are more deer in the mountain, buck and doe. Alt is blaming the hunters of PA for not being good hunters. I don't believe that excuse either. I get a deer every year but I can see that there are fewer deer in public lands. Even Gary Alt said so himself on smarttalk. Also, how do you manage deer in a larger area than a small area? It was just to sell the doe license for money. Take a look at some of the counties that never sold out of doe license, they do now! We better be careful of an organization that we as hunters have now say in. Keep the deer herd in check and balanced, yes, but they want the deer herd small to please others not hunters. Take a look at the natural gas wells, timbering, and other game species that make them their money. They even think the game lands are theirs. We bought the game lands with our license fees. They started this plan 20 years ago and it is going well. They didn't ask anyone about digging up gamelands to put gas wells on them, or timbering. They just did it. They don't care about hunters, they only keep us pleased enough to keep buying hunting license. When I was 12 years old I didn't need a special time to hunt, I could go and shoot deer with everyone else because you saw them then. The road hunters should be no excuse for Gary Alt! Just my two cents.

Old 03-22-2004, 02:58 PM

Take a look at the natural gas wells, timbering, and other game species that make them their money. They even think the game lands are theirs. We bought the game lands with our license fees. They started this plan 20 years ago and it is going well. They didn't ask anyone about digging up gamelands to put gas wells on them, or timbering. They just did it. They don't care about hunters, they only keep us pleased enough to keep buying hunting license.
I'm sure the PGC can raise the license cost to get $ instead.

Anyways, timbering eventually benefits the wildlife in the longrun anyways.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:52 PM

im impressed, in one day i saw 10 deer. All season i probably saw 50 some deer
Old 04-06-2004, 06:56 PM

GUYS,
Iam very pleased !!! not only will Alts program enhance the quality of our deer herd but specially the bucks in the herd, and maybe keep the slob hunters out of the woods, You know ! The ones who show up at camp and haven't been in the woods since last years deer season, Roll out of bed monday morning with a hangover walk 100 yards to there once greatest spot in all the woods.
After a hard morning of hunting ( NEVER MOVED TWO FEET FROM THE TREE UNLESS THEY HAVE TO RELIEVE THEMSELVES OF THE NIGHT BEFORES DRUNK) Never moving from the spot all day, and then sit at the supper table and complain about how little deer there are in PENNA, wake up people !!!!! EITHER BECOME A REAL HUNTER or LEAVE THE WOODS TO THOSE WHO CAN AND DO KNOW HOW TO HUNT. And while your sitting there with yer hangovers i'll be laying them down. YEP IAM PLEASED!! YOU BET IAM [:@] TJ
Old 04-22-2004, 06:40 PM

Well I know the derr herd maybe a little low but at least for me theres a few big bucks around.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:15 PM

Will you be pleased when the buck harvest drops to 2 buck PSM or 80K buck /year? That will be the harvest rate if we reach the goal of 13 DPSM.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:16 PM

Ideally the ARs would increase the Doe take which would help most herds, but from what I have heard PA is not putting out the doe tags to help this along. Ofcourse in most of central NY you can get 4 doe tags + a either/or tag you can take alot of doe. A major defense against of anti hunters is deer management if the state says they want more doe killed and we do not respond then we are not doing our "job". I know the state is not always right but the antis don't care. Personally I feel that not taking doe is irrespondisble. Take the doe and the bucks will take care of themselves. Then you wouldn't need AR
Old 04-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Will you be pleased when the buck harvest drops to 2 buck PSM or 80K buck /year? That will be the harvest rate if we reach the goal of 13 DPSM.
Realistically, I do not think this could ever happen in my neck of the woods because the lack of hunting access on private land. It would be sad if it did. I guess I would take up squirrel hunting...
Old 04-23-2004, 07:22 AM

Your reply is an insult to a lot of hunters who have posted here and have had their hunting area's deer herd decimanted by years of "surplus" doe tags. Oh, excuse me, you're a real hunter. I must not know what I'm talking about. Can we could sit at your feet and you could enlighten us all?

Quick Reply: How many Pa hunters are pleased?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.