Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Bucks with antlers still in PA? >

Bucks with antlers still in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bucks with antlers still in PA?

Old 02-19-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Bucks with antlers still in PA?

I just talked to a friend who said that the bucks in his backyard still have their antlers now. He said he counted six different bucks the one night, one was a monster that i saw briefly one night. has anyone else had the same experience in pa? i had yet to see a buck on any of my stealth cam pics other than some button bucks and maybe some scars on heads...thanks
Old 02-20-2004, 03:55 AM

Default RE: Bucks with antlers still in PA?

I was talking to my uncle the other day and he seen 2 -- one with full rack and the other with half a rack. Gotta soom be dropping.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was out this past monday spotting with my son and still saw bucks with antlers.

(I am going to move this to the Northeast forum where you are likely to get more responses.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:33 AM

i saw a buck on the way home last night with full head gear. all the deer are running in big heards now, had 30 of them (all does/fawns) in my front yard one night last week.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Spike

I've been out shed hunting several times now.I've seen literally hundreds of deer in those trips and not a one has had antler.If all the deer I've seen are does then the herd is in sad shape. On the flir side to that I have only found 1 sheds so far .That makes me wonder if im seeing all these deer and some have to bucks that shed already where are all the antlers.I will find them its just a matter of time.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:28 PM

If all the deer I've seen are does then the herd is in sad shape.
Not necessarily, shedman. Bucks have entirely different habits than does at this time of year. It would actually be pretty abnormal for bucks to be traveling with big groups of does this late in the winter. I'm going to do some shed hunting next weekend and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I find some sheds...

Jim
Old 02-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Lies,lies,lies, No deer left in PA as evident by this past season. Dont you guys know that already?? Alt killed em all with his too many doe permits and miss managment.

PS: I know of 3 different people in the past 2 weeks that have seen bucks with horns still attached.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:33 PM

I've heard some mixed reviews about PA's new management laws. Lots of people are in agreement with you, ilbback, while others claim that the new restrictions seem to be working. Pretty interesting.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:01 PM

ilbback- I read your post in the bow forum and now I detect the sarcasm in your post here... It's ALL coming together now......
Old 02-22-2004, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

I tried to go shed hunting yesterday and there is still 15-20" of snow out on the mountain[:@] Cant wait for spring!!

Quick Reply: Bucks with antlers still in PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.