Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
QDM Seminar - Delaware >

QDM Seminar - Delaware

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

QDM Seminar - Delaware

Old 02-08-2002, 01:42 PM

Default QDM Seminar - Delaware

A workshop to introduce the concept of quality deer management (QDM) in Delaware – including new regulatory changes – and a new partnership formed to address the state's growing deer population as well as deer damage to property will be held 7 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27 in the DNREC auditorium, Richardson and Robbins Building, 89 Kings Highway, Dover. Paste the link below for more information! Bob

http://www.dnrec.state.de.us/DNREC20...1.asp?PRID=367
Old 02-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QDM Seminar - Delaware

DEbob,
Its on my Cal of events to attend!I'm for forced QDM in DE.I hear F&G has already introduced or passed a whole new set of Deer regs for 02 season.If true,It's gonna force QDM on all those dumbo's that refuse to take Does and only hunt for the Big Ole Buck they never see anyway.They then shoot up the button,spike,or small 4pnt animals.I could go on and on,but won't.I'll plan on being there.

Old 02-11-2002, 08:05 AM

AJ, Unfortunately, the reg changes aren't really QDM specific. They are changes in the tags on the licenses and how buck tags are sold. It's unique to say the least!!!

If I can make it, I'll look for you!!!
Old 02-15-2002, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

DEBob,
Not QDM specific,but I hear that our regular tag will be for Does? You then buy 1st buck tag,with option of quality buck tag after 1st buck.Quality will be 10" vs the current 15".Bottom line,if F&W can force hunters to take Does 1st,reduce the ratio,(currently estimated at approx 32-1)"Quality Bucks" will become more plentiful in a few short years.

I took six deer this year.5 Doe,1 of which was a dominant(sp)female.I was amazed at how removing those 5 does shook up the whole farm,and moved in new deer including a couple new bucks,and new dominent doe - Go Figure??

Edited by - aj52 on 02/28/2002 16:52:44
Old 02-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did anyone attend the QDM meeting in Dover On Wed night? It started at 7 and ended at 9:45pm.Very Interesting,alot of good info.

I'm promptly sending my membership dues to QDMA.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

so was there any changes made?

seems the same regs we have now...

2 tags w liscence and have to buy Quality buck tag or additional does
Old 03-04-2002, 05:58 PM

It's quite different than before. Now you get two doe tags ( and two tags only) with a license. A buck tag will go for $10.00. For that price, you'll get an either/or tag(basically a buck tag but one can use it on either sex) and a quality buck tag. The quality tag can only be used on bucks with antlers greater than 15" outside spread. The goals of the changes are two-fold: 1) focus the harvest on the does, and 2)serve as a fund raiser for Delaware Deer management projects. Great concept!!! Hope it works out!