Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 HEY DE BOW HUNTERS >

HEY DE BOW HUNTERS

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HEY DE BOW HUNTERS

Old 12-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default HEY DE BOW HUNTERS

Damn boys, ya'll still getting over xmas or what?!?!?!? No new news on the deerzes'. Went huntin tonight saw 3 does, is anyone still hunting? Hey Duckmastor- don't tell me you gave up!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 06:24 AM

Default RE: HEY DE BOW HUNTERS

I've been going...about 2 or 3 nights a week for the past three weeks. Not much happening down this way lately though[:@]! Last time I saw some deer was December 20th! We need some really cold weather to put them back on the move during daylight hours!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 08:27 AM

I havent given up, but like DEBob says, we need some cold weather. I was planning to go a couple times this week in the evening, but the winds not right. If the forecast changes, I'll consider it. Going in the morning is pretty much futile where I hunt now. They're back in those meadows hours before the suns up. After hunting hard since Sept 1, dragging myself outta bed at 4am to drive an hour to where i hunt knowing there's a 98% chance of seeing nothing, is starting to lose its appeal. I'll hunt the evenings for the rest of the year when the wind and weather permit.

Good Luck to all.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Duckmastor - seeing NOTHING would discourage anyone..time to hunt somewhere else dude! For some reason though, I go on this site everyday hopin to see that you bagged one. I guess I am your fan............that actually sound'd f'in weird........... oh well good luck.

DJ
Old 12-31-2003, 07:04 AM

I'll admit it...more often than not I check in just to see if Duckmastor got one...if tenacity ruled, he would be king!!! Between now and next season, we are going to get that boy on some good ground!!! That's my New Year's resolution[8D]!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 09:05 AM

At this point, i'll take any pity you all wish to reap upon me!

SW Wind sucks for everyplace I hunt. Think i'll slip over to Jeresy and see if I can blast a couple rabbits.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:36 AM

Inspired by your posts, I pulled up the Topos for the northern part of the state property I hunt. It looks like 4 or 5 stands that will work with this wind. Now, I've never hunted these stands or this area so its a definate crap shoot. I'll bring the stool just in case I see a better spot on the ground.

Shot about 10 arrows into the decoy to make sure the bow was still tuned. 15, 25 and 35yds all right behind the shoulder.

If nothing else, it should be a nice sunset.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:54 PM

I was the only one on the farm I hunted tonight. It was a good 3/4 mile walk to where the stand was. When I got there I discovered it was not a bow hunter friendly stand. The cross beam was to high to shoot the bow over. The woods was more like a thin tree line. I scoped out the terrain from the stand and said to myself, F this, I'm pulling a Lemond and hunting the marsh. I followed a deer trail in. The wind was in my face. Found a perfect spot with natural cover (short bushes and some old dead trees) didnt even have to adjust anything, just sat right down. The tide looks like it rolls in there all the time, but there was plenty of trails and tracks visable. Had great shooting lanes down into the meadow. Wind in my face, sun at my back, field with plenty of food in it behind me and I was the only one there. Perfect! Just one problem, you guessed it, never saw/heard a thing.

Shoulda hunted rabbits.

One month to go. I hope it gets cold. Hunting the leased place tomorrow afternoon. Winds suppose to be good for it. It'll be interesting to see if theres any corn left under the stand. If there isnt, it doesnt mean there's deer there. I'll be looking at a lot of chunky squirrels I think.....

I'll keep you all posted. Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2004, 05:16 PM

hey guys,....everything sounds good. we are down to the last minute. anything with te bow goes at this point. buck or doe...it's a trophy. i will be hitting the marsh hard in the coming weeks. the stock market is killing me and i have very little time to do a thing. i will be out sat evening and wed of this week coming. good luck to everyone...remember one thing:

they have to eat

o, and yes, there is still a little rutting activity going on
Old 01-10-2004, 05:06 PM

hey...is it to cold for u guys or what??? uggggggggg i am going to buy another layer of something for this wednesday. i think after next week i might call it a year. i havent tagged at all, but i had a ball as usual. i love to hunt...point blank lemond

time to break out the bike and start some riding for this spring

Quick Reply: HEY DE BOW HUNTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.