HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HEY DE BOW HUNTERS
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Duckmastor2

Default RE: HEY DE BOW HUNTERS

I was the only one on the farm I hunted tonight. It was a good 3/4 mile walk to where the stand was. When I got there I discovered it was not a bow hunter friendly stand. The cross beam was to high to shoot the bow over. The woods was more like a thin tree line. I scoped out the terrain from the stand and said to myself, F this, I'm pulling a Lemond and hunting the marsh. I followed a deer trail in. The wind was in my face. Found a perfect spot with natural cover (short bushes and some old dead trees) didnt even have to adjust anything, just sat right down. The tide looks like it rolls in there all the time, but there was plenty of trails and tracks visable. Had great shooting lanes down into the meadow. Wind in my face, sun at my back, field with plenty of food in it behind me and I was the only one there. Perfect! Just one problem, you guessed it, never saw/heard a thing.

Shoulda hunted rabbits.

One month to go. I hope it gets cold. Hunting the leased place tomorrow afternoon. Winds suppose to be good for it. It'll be interesting to see if theres any corn left under the stand. If there isnt, it doesnt mean there's deer there. I'll be looking at a lot of chunky squirrels I think.....

I'll keep you all posted. Happy New Year!