Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 sense a lot of hostility towards us who are fortunate enouph to hunt private land >

sense a lot of hostility towards us who are fortunate enouph to hunt private land

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

sense a lot of hostility towards us who are fortunate enouph to hunt private land

Old 01-01-2004, 08:39 AM

Default RE: sense a lot of hostility towards us who are fortunate enouph to hunt private land

J-bow...Sorry about the misunderstanding. I must have had a brain cramp assuming you were hunting in Pennsylvania.

Super Sportsman tag huh? That's a new concept to me. You are pretty fortunate to have that many hunting opportunities. Congratulations on your outstanding season and good luck in the future.

Jim
Old 01-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sense a lot of hostility towards us who are fortunate enouph to hunt private land

I think your seeing the increase of public land hunters here in PA. getting mad at private land hunters because most private land hunters support DR. Alt's plan to reduce the herd by 50% but would never consider lowering the herd on their property to meet Alt's 21 or lower DPFSM. So Alt keeps pouring more tags out knowing full well that the tags are only being used on public or private land that is open to hunting were deer numbers are already near or under the target goal, meanwhile the herd on private property that isnt open to hunting or has limited access to a few lucky hunters continues to grow. So I guess what I am trying to say is alot of public land hunters are getting pissed because the majority of the herd reduction is taking place on public land but alot of the Alt supporters are private land hunter's and not doing their part to meet Alt's goals on the private land they hunt. If your wondering, I hunt private land, and since our target goal is 17 Deer Per Forested Square mile and York co. is only 27% forested their is No way I would lower our herd to meet Alt's idiotic Target goal on our property!! So there is no way I would support Herd reduction of that magnitude on public land either. Pike
Old 01-03-2004, 05:33 PM

You can get land to hunt. It may not be always the best but it is out there. I spent over $100 giving away summer sausage to land owners last year. Folks love this stuff. Word gets out and for you know it you got land coming out your ears. We shovel walks and driveways, till gardens all kinds of stuff. I just gave a lady I hunt off of 10 chickens for eggs the other day. Pick up rocks out of fields on your way out and in. Little rocks can do big damage to a combine.
I feel I should give them something for letting me hunt on something I can't afford myself. To show how much it means to me.
Word gets around if your a screw up to. You loose one place for doing something stupid,it won't be long you won't have any spots.
There is plenty of land to hunt for everyone. I know farmers who want peope right now because of corn damage. Fruit farms are good places to ask to.
Get a plat book and do the foot work.