Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 CAUGHT HUNTER TAKEN MY TREESTAND IN NEW JERSEY >

CAUGHT HUNTER TAKEN MY TREESTAND IN NEW JERSEY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CAUGHT HUNTER TAKEN MY TREESTAND IN NEW JERSEY

Old 12-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CAUGHT HUNTER TAKEN MY TREESTAND IN NEW JERSEY

THIS PAST SATURDAY I HUNTED MY AREA OF ZONE 4, AND LEFT MY AREA AT 10:30am AFTER I HARVESTED A BEAR. I PUT MY CLIMBER INTO A LARGE PLASTIC GARBAGE BAG THEN PILED SOME PINE TREE LIMBS ON TOP OF IT. WELL EARLY THIS MORNING I GET TO MY SPOT MY TREESTAND AND THE PINE LIMBS ARE GONE, SO I LOOK AROUND THINKING ANOTHER BEAR HAD DRAGGED IT OFF. WITH MY FLASHLIGHT I LOOK IN THE AREA WHERE I GUTTED MY BEAR I SEE FOOTPRINTS IN THE SNOW, SO HERE I THINK MAYBE ANOTHER BEAR HAS EATEN THE GUT PILE. I WALK OVER AND I SEE HUMAN PRINTS, AND MY TREESTAND IN THE BAG WITH THE PINE LIMBS PILED ON TOP. I TAKE THE STAND BACK TO MY TREE AND CLIMB UP, JUST AFTER DAY BREAK I HEAR WALKING IN THE SNOW, HERE COMES A HUNTER RIGHT TO THE AREA WHERE MY TREESTAND WAS, HE LOOKS PUZZLED & CONFUSED. SO I YELL OUT "YO, A**HOLE!!!!!", HE WALKS OVER LOOKS UP AND SAYS "THATS MY TREESTAND, YOUR STEALING IT!!". SO I CLIMB DOWN AND TELL HIM THAT HE STOLE IT, AND I HAVE MY NAME ENGRAVED ON THE STAND UNDER THE FOAM ON THE ARM RALE. I TAKE THE FOAM PADDING OFF, HE SEES THE NAME ENGRAVED AND THEN I PULL MY WALLET OUT, SHOW HIM MY POLICE ID. YOU SHOULD SEE HIS MOUTH DROP, I WANTED TO LAUGH. I GOT HIS NAME, AND WENT TO THE GAME WARDEN TO INFORM THEM.

THIS IS A SLOB HUNTER. DON'T WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH THE ANTI-HUNTERS, WHY HAVE PROBLEMS AMONG EACH OTHER?
Old 12-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CAUGHT HUNTER TAKEN MY TREESTAND IN NEW JERSEY

He probab;y ran over amd told his buddies from La Cosa Nostra.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i still cant believe in this day and age when you can buy a stand on clearance for cheap people will still steal [:@] i wonder if by him trying to steal your stand he has interfered in your hunting therefore you should prosecute him under the hunter harrasment laws too. let us know what happens.

I agree LO, but keep the language clean otay?[:-]
Old 12-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks that there are 'hunters' like that. Glad to hear your treestand is ok. I would have LOVED to see his face when you showed him your police ID
Old 12-17-2003, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Nice work!!! How did this guy even find your stuff? Was it from the drag marks of the bear?

Bob
Old 12-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the bear.

Glad you got his name and reported him. Its the likes like him that gives us a bad name. Good job

Brian
Old 12-17-2003, 11:56 PM

Thats a great idea about the engraving. Never thought of that.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:18 AM

congrats on your bear, good thing you got stand bk-
Old 12-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

BROADHEAD88, I HAD IT WELL HIDDEN. MATTER OF FACT MY FRIEND SAMMY CAME OVER WHEN I TOLD HIM THE BEAR IS DOWN. BEFORE HE GOT THERE I DID WHAT I DID WITH THE STAND, AND HE KNEW THE GENERAL AREA WHERE IT WAS, AND HE COULDN'T SEE IT. SO WHAT I WAS THINKING WAS EITHER THE GUY JUST HAPPEN TO WALK AROUND AND FOUND IT, HE FOLLOWED THE DRAG MARKS LIKE YOU SAID, OR HE COULD OF BEEN WATCHING ME AND MY FRIEND GUTTING THE BEAR. FROM WHAT I WAS THINKING WAS THAT HE MOVED IT SOMETIME ON SATURDAY, CAUSE THERE WAS NO FOOTPRINTS FROM MY ORIGINAL SPOT TO WHERE I FOUND IT, SO HE MUST OF HAD A FEW THINGS TO CARRY, AND WAS COMING BACK FOR IT, BUT THEN WE HAD THE SNOW STORM ON SUNDAY, HE HAD MOSTLY WORKED MONDAY & TUESDAY, AND WEDNESDAY WAS THE ONLY DEER PERMIT DAY FOR ZONE 4. NEVER THE LESS I'M SURE HE WILL NOT BE HUNTING THIS AREA AGAIN AT ALL.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Too bad we can't just shoot these tree stand thieves . [:@] My son and I took a teenage friend hunting as someone had stolen his chain-on stand that he hadn't locked up. The kid said he was pretty sure he knows who took the stand but cannot prove it. You can buy a decent chain-on for $30 and I am aware that the climbers are alot more. I bought a collapsable ladder for $160. It weighs 25# and telescopes to 12 1/2' . I chain my stands to the trees and no one is going to steal one unless he/she carries a ladder along. I strap the collapsed ladder (3' ) to an old lawn spreader and wheel it to any of the stands. [8D]

Quick Reply: CAUGHT HUNTER TAKEN MY TREESTAND IN NEW JERSEY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.