Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 saw avery nice 8 pointer today need some advice >

saw avery nice 8 pointer today need some advice

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

saw avery nice 8 pointer today need some advice

Old 11-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default saw avery nice 8 pointer today need some advice

i was out this afternoon at a horse barn hunting the outskirts... seen a few does.. well my girlfriend call my phone tro tell me of a nice buck grunting at a few does so i get out of my stand to go see.. she counted 8 points.. i stalked around this lil pine area and all i saw were does.. well after i got frusterated i was just walking around the track and i saw him in the tree lines with no shot to take...(here on long island it is BOW only).. nowin this lil area every morning and evening there are a ton of does and fawns.. with only one new rub... this buck was sighted on tuesday morning by the only other person allowed to hunt and spotted today in the afternoon ... my question is how often will the deer come around and should i go back in the morning? should i use scents and calls or will they scare him out of there??how long is the rut usuall last? What would you do in this situation.. i amleaving for a day i figure it will let it cool off a bit but these deer see humans everyday HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2003, 08:15 AM

Default RE: saw avery nice 8 pointer today need some advice

Odds are he will be back around the same time of the day untill something spooks him. He may be a little late or a little early depending on if he found a hot doe. As long as he doesnt get spooked I can almost guarantee he' ll be back. I would be in there atleast 2-3 hours before the time you saw him.
ORIGINAL: DJBAD

i was out this afternoon at a horse barn hunting the outskirts... seen a few does.. well my girlfriend call my phone tro tell me of a nice buck grunting at a few does so i get out of my stand to go see.. she counted 8 points.. i stalked around this lil pine area and all i saw were does.. well after i got frusterated i was just walking around the track and i saw him in the tree lines with no shot to take...(here on long island it is BOW only).. nowin this lil area every morning and evening there are a ton of does and fawns.. with only one new rub... this buck was sighted on tuesday morning by the only other person allowed to hunt and spotted today in the afternoon ... my question is how often will the deer come around and should i go back in the morning? should i use scents and calls or will they scare him out of there??how long is the rut usuall last? What would you do in this situation.. i amleaving for a day i figure it will let it cool off a bit but these deer see humans everyday HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[hr]