Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

N.J Blackpowder

Old 11-23-2003, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default N.J Blackpowder

Anyone going? I' ll be hunting in zone 11 near Rosemont on monday, tuesday and wednesday. Remember, does only. Hey jerseyjoe, you gonna be up in Barbertown?
Old 11-23-2003, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: N.J Blackpowder

I' LL BE OUT MONDAY DECEMBER 1, OPENING DAY FOR MUZZLELOADER FOR ZONE 4. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

I' ll be in Zone 2 on Mon and Tues. I' ve seen quite a few dinker bucks around and there has been a sighting of a mosnter 10pt but so far it was a slow bow season as I passed on a couple of spikes. Let' s hope for good weather and a safe hunt.

Bob
Old 11-25-2003, 01:43 PM
JCC

I will be going Mon. & Tues. in Zone 2 and 3.

I have seen some nice ones during bow season. Yet I am still awaiting some strong doe chasing. I have put a good amount of time in the field so I do not think I missed it. What is going on? Has anyone seen a lot of rut activity?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

JCC, I ALSO PUT ALOT OF TIME IN DURING THE BOW SEASON IN ZONE 4. I FOUND THE RUBS, SCRAPES, BUT AS FAR AS SEEING THE DEER RUTTING, CHASING, WELL I DIDN' T SEE ANY UNTIL THIS PAST SATURDAY!! I HAD 2 DIFFERENT BUCKS WITHIN 30YDS BUT NO CLEAR SHOT, RUB THE SAME TREE, FRESHEN UP THE SAME SCRAPE, CHASE SOME DOES. THIS ALSO HAPPEN LAST YEAR, I SAW RUTTING ACTIVITY A WEEK LATER THEN MY FRIENDS SAW AND THEY HUNT IN ZONE 6
Old 11-26-2003, 06:47 AM

Bow-4-It,

I am hunting Zone 49 went out on Mon & Tues. Killed 4 does. I am hoping to get the ratio down in my woods. Right now we are at about 8:1 myself and my hunting partners would like to keep the ratio as low as possible. We have taken 4 record book bucks (NJ Books) in the last two years and have two bucks that are 140" or better on our piece and at least 3 bucks that would score in the 120' s. I had two of these bucks in range yesterday... boy was it hard not squeezing the trigger. I can' t wait untill I can shoot at the HORNEY ones. But you know how it goes; the minute I can kill them they will be nowhere to be found.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-26-2003, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

JW--I forgot that some Zones opened early for does. Where are your deer in the NJ book? I actually listed my best NJ deer that was taken in 97 with the shotgun in Zone 2.

Anyway, good luck next week.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:30 AM

BroadHead,

My best buck is listed #25 All-time with a muzzlelloader and was taken in 2001 in Zone 49.

JWK
Old 11-26-2003, 12:18 PM

anyone know where to hunt in salem co ?
Old 11-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back. My hunting buddy got a nice doe on Monday and I got 2 big does, one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. I had a 60 yerd shot at a dandy 8 pointer on Wednesday afternoon. Man, it was hard to pass him up He is a beautiful buck with a very symetrical rack. I' ll be after him Monday and Tuesday
Just a side note. The guy at the checking station on Wednesday, told me that they had checked aproximately 45 deer, shotgun and muzzleloader, since Monday and almost HALF were button bucks [:@] That is rediculous. Shoot the BIG does. There is plenty of ' em.

Quick Reply: N.J Blackpowder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.