Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 mountain lions in pa >

mountain lions in pa

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

mountain lions in pa

Old 11-19-2003, 05:13 AM

Default RE: mountain lions in pa

What did the PGC have to say about it? That' s a huge/well fed animal.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

MY FRIEND' S CO-WORKER WAS BOWHUNTING HIS PROPERTY IN OCTOBER SOMEWHERE IN THE POCONOS. HE SAW A DOE WALKING TOWARDS HIM, AND HE STATED A LARGE CAT JUMPED FROM THE UNDERGROWTH ONTO THE DOE, BUT SHE MANAGED TO GET AWAY. HE WAS NERVOUS TO GET OUT OF HIS STAND, NOT KNOWING WHAT WAS GOING ON!!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the lion just outside of mifflintown. We get off of 322 one exit north of port royal and stay on that road straight through mifflintown and go a couple miles out the other side of town. As far as the pic, we have that same pic hanging in a club here in town. The guy is 6' 2" tall so that' s a pretty big cat and I too heard it was shot just south of harrisburg. Which is pretty close considering I only live a couple miles south of Harrisburg. We reported our sightings to the pgc and they always say the same thing. " there are no lions in PA" . What a crock of $@#!&. I guess that makes them fair game. How can you get arrested for shooting and animal that " doesn' t exist" in PA. Oh yeah, I just talked to my uncle about this and he saw one in Lycoming county. He said it was dragging a deer up a tree. Everyone in camp said he was nuts until they saw the doe hanging 20 feet up a pine tree.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jimbo,
I almost forgot. I saw that slogan on a bumper sticker the other day and I thought it was pretty cool.

Eric
Old 11-19-2003, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

There have been sightings in Delaware and they have been legitimized as cougars. one near Christiana Mall , another in a woods where I walk every day, but that was a few years (4) ago. I would swear that one ran across a road in front of me coming home late one evening, but I never pushed the issue didnt want to be declared mentally incompetent so I kept m mouth shut about it. Maybe next week I will see one in Clinton County on Beech Creek mountain. I am afraid of the decision I would have to make if I saw one....
Old 11-19-2003, 07:13 AM

SchuylkillOutdoorsman

That was just a rumor. That mountain lion was shot at west - i' ve seen that picture surface several times over the past 6 months. I can' t remember what state/story but I' ll look to see if I can' t dig up the details of that mt lion.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:30 AM

Here is the B&C link to the story/pciture behind that cat.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/t...D-EE4842DEDA07

FYI - if you ask the PGC....they will deny Mt lions are in PA and if there are any, that they were someone' s pet that was released.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:23 AM

I have heard of 2 sightings of mountain lions in the Poconos. I live on top of the mountain in the Poconos, about 2,000 feet in elevation. Anyway, my neighbor up the block told me he was driving home one evening when he saw a mountain lion run accross the road in front of him. I had mentioned I did see some Bob cats and he said, no, it was tan and had a long tail. He saw it between mine and his house. There is a lake with all woods surrounding it, plus Game Lands, over 700 acres total so you never know.

I also heard of another sighting, this guy a friend knows was traveling south on 196 in the Poconos when a deer ran out in front of him and cross the road, than a mountain lion ran out after the deer.

Tomster
Old 11-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

SOME HUNTERS I KNOW CLAIM TO HAVE SAW ONE IN NORTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY, NOT FAR FROM THE MILFORD BRIDGE, I' VE BEEN HUNTING THAT AREA FOR ALMOST 8 YEARS BUT NEVER SAW ONE MYSELF

Quick Reply: mountain lions in pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.