Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Shotgun Opener >

DE Shotgun Opener

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Shotgun Opener

Old 11-13-2003, 04:39 PM

Default DE Shotgun Opener

Well, I' ve hung the bow up and broke out the 12 gauge for tomorrows opener. Its suppose to be a windy cold day. Good luck to all going out. Be careful and respect others. Report kills and share your stories here. It should be an interesting week! [:-]
Old 11-13-2003, 04:48 PM

Default RE: DE Shotgun Opener

IM SOOOO EXCITED! I just got my H&R Ultra Slug Hunter in time! sitting in a hotspot tomorrow morning then i got to go to PA for the weekend its all good, that is if i shoot a deer tomorrow. The wind is the only thing that scares me. especially with those 70+yd. ditchbank shots
Old 11-14-2003, 02:09 AM

I dont know about any of you guys but i couldnt sleep a wink last night So ready for this morning its not even funny. Gonna head out in an hour or so!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duckmastor I posted on your archery thread before I saw this one, saw your p.u. parked along Rt 6 today , how' d ya make out.. I have a terrible cold and I stayed in my stand is due NW and wasnt up to shivering with this cough and cold. will try em tomorrow , they will be hunting Bombay and chasing themn right by my stand. I' ll wait for the 14 ptr to come by.. Good luck Ron
Old 11-14-2003, 05:20 PM

It was a long day. Sat out all day with that wind in my face. Saw 2 does at 4pm. They were chased from the farm to the east of us and entered our woods too far from me. Heading out again tomorrow, all day again if need be. At least it wont be as windy.

What hurt today was there was no one else out hunting. Saw 1 other hunter. Usually see a hell of alot more. This is the 1st time in 7 years hunting this farm I have not heard 1 shot from the surrounding farms on opening day. Guess people are afraid of a little wind.

Good Luck Tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2003, 06:05 PM

i told u guys that there will be plenty of leftovers for us in about a week. the bow will be hot until the end of the season...trust me. there arent as many guys hunting as in past years too. i am seeing big bucks every year..plenty of them.

do not make the mistake and think that the public areas around arent hot spots. after shotgun there will be plenty of deer walking the tracts. corn and soybean in december. picked soy will attract deer once again. look for the trails and wait them out...they will be there. the first week of december is a good time to score on a buck that still will breed....hit the bleats and rattle a little...it works.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:27 AM

so....did anyone CAP something
Old 11-16-2003, 02:24 PM

Saturday was another all day marathon. No deer. I hunted my stand in the morning till noon. Saw Zip. Moved over to the other side of the farm to cover the approach to a bean field on the neighbors property. Deer had been seen there the past couple of days. It was more than I' d seen at my stand, so i figured what the hell. Well, I' m set up about 12:45pm for the evening. 1:30pm here comes the farmer cutting the bean field! I hung out hoping he' d push deer towards me. I saw one bound out of the field, but not my way. He stopped cutting around 3:30pm. It was quiet until dark, but nothing came by.

On the opposite side of the farm, the guy I lease from shot one around 5:10pm. I wont comment on it. Was always told if you dont have something nice to say, keep quiet.

Monday my father and I drew stands at Woodland Beach. My old man got a Refuge stand so i' m excited for him. The stand I got sucks for the morning with the wind so I wont hunt it until afternoon. I' ll head to the leased place instead for the morning and hope for the best. Another all day affair.

This vacation has been more like work than fun! Its been a frustrating season. But, like Lemond said, there has been very little shooting around our farm, so all the deer i saw during archery season must still be living. Maybe there is hope for the late season.

Keep on them!
Old 11-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went out Sat afternoon, thinking all those vehicles at Bombay Hook would push something my way, no such luck.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:12 PM

guys, i am telling u,...shoot the bow this week at least 2 times. u are going to have some great chances after this week. by wed of the following week the deer will be ok...they know that they have a week of blasting. i called all of my deer to me last year after shotgun(that' s our secret. i do not even sweat it. let me tell u....these guys get discouraged quick. dont let that happen to u...remember plan a couple of sit all day hunts after shotgun around swamps near hot trails...buck will still be looking to breed through the first week of dec

Quick Reply: DE Shotgun Opener

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.