Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

hunting buddies

Old 11-24-2023, 03:45 PM
Spike

Default hunting buddies

Hello. I am new to this site. I wrote this on the small game thread and realized that was not the best place to put it. I am an older hunter who has lost his hunting buddies for a variety of reasons .Knee and hip replacement, other physical problems, no longer interested in small game, became snow birds, they or I moved too far away from each other and on and on. I wanted to try and find someone who has a dog or dogs and may want a new buddy. I know that people may be wary about a new hunter joining them but I am a safe and responsible hunter. I am not interested in shooting all of their game. A few years ago I went out with a neighbor and his hounds and enjoyed watching and listening and did not have a gun. I am not looking for a free ride as I am willing to chip in for gas, dog food and lunches. I have tried asking around but small game hunters are becoming hard to find. I have been to game lands and all I see are archery deer hunters if anybody. I live just outside of Scranton,Pa. I figured that maybe this is the best way to go about it since it seems to be the way the world operates today. I thank you for reading and any suggestions you may have. Rich.

Last edited by hunter570; 11-25-2023 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Go to the local shooting range and chat up someone with similar interests.

Join a sportsman's club.

-Jake