Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Game News Renewal >

Game News Renewal

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Game News Renewal

Old 09-23-2023, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Game News Renewal

One more thing about the PGC that doesn't work online. I get to the Billing page and it just sits there. Waiting until 9:30 AM so I can call the 800 number for customer service since the magazine distributor is in the Midwest and they are on CST. Figures...
Old 09-23-2023, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

And of course the 800 number listed on the third party magazine distributor's webpage is actually the Game Commission's merchandise number and they are closed on Saturdays. Awesome!
Old 09-23-2023, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

This is what I copied from the Kalkomy Outdoor Shop webiste:

Customer Support

We provide support Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to midnight CST and Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST.

Phone: 800-920-1687

That is a PGC phone number and they ain't open today. You can't make this stuff up!

Last edited by blksn8k; 09-23-2023 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2023, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only people who can assist you on what you want are in the HBG headquarters and they have never been open on Sundays, nor is it necessary. Ever since the internet appeared on the scene people have gotten in to an instant satisfaction mode. Hard to beloeve that anyone would get their knickers in a twist over having to wait a few hours to get a magazine subscription.
Old 09-23-2023, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

It didn't work online last year for me either

No surprise at all that is still not working a year later. Typical of the PGC Website.

-Jake
Old 09-25-2023, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
The only people who can assist you on what you want are in the HBG headquarters and they have never been open on Sundays, nor is it necessary. Ever since the internet appeared on the scene people have gotten in to an instant satisfaction mode. Hard to beloeve that anyone would get their knickers in a twist over having to wait a few hours to get a magazine subscription.
Also hard to believe anyone has nothing better to do than give everyone a hard time every time they complain about the inept PGC. LOL
Old 09-25-2023, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Okay. Just got off the phone with the PGC. The problem is that the company that used to handle online subscriptions decided to stop doing that but the webpages are still there with absolutely no warning that they don't work. But I was able to renew over the phone. Too bad the PGC can't afford to maintain their website. Hopefully my subscription renewal will help that situation. Just kidding!

Oh, and BTW, perhaps my useless rants will help someone else avoid the same problems in the future. That's one of the benefits of social media. Or so I thought....
Old 09-25-2023, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blksn8k
Also hard to believe anyone has nothing better to do than give everyone a hard time every time they complain about the inept PGC. LOL

You'll have to ask him where his retirement check comes from

Don't bite the hand that feeds you or something like that.....

the PGC Website is trash. They do plenty of good. But online convenience is not one of those things. It is improving though. They'll figure it out eventually.

-Jake
Old 09-25-2023, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

It comes from my hard work for 33 years! Much of it comes from deductions from my paycheck and interest on those deductions and from interest on all the other employee' deductions from their paychecks which was invested by the pension fund.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-25-2023 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

i used to subscribe to the Game News and did so for more years then i can remember. last year i stopped. didnt like what they did with the change of print and the shiny paper they now use. the print got smaller and had a hard time reading it. always enjoyed the stories about hunting which they seemed to give up on. they put too much info on the economics of the commission which bored me to death. once a year was enough with the yearly report. when they changed their format i lost interest in the magazine.