Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
DYI Wooden Ladder Stand >

DYI Wooden Ladder Stand

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DYI Wooden Ladder Stand

Old 01-12-2021, 11:33 AM
Spike

Default DYI Wooden Ladder Stand

Good afternoon all. Just taking up some time waiting for some good ice. I was thinking of building a couple wooden ladder stands for this year's season. I've been all over youtube, internet search, etc. I've seen a couple that I like, ladder, platform, and wooden seat, all in one unit but not really good plans to view. Any drawings or plans out there?
Thanks. Sean
Old 01-12-2021, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

first off welcome to the site
and the main reason you DON"T find many designs or info on WOODEN ladder stands
is they have been proven to be ticking time bombs where hunters have died using
they have been replaced with METAL ladder stands in all but a few die hards that still don;'t want to switch over!

the costs of buying all the materials to make a GOOD wooden ladder stand, (treated wood, coated hardware for it, time spent making)
its WAY cheaper, and a TON lighter to buy a pre built metal stand

that of if your a GOOD welder and like to build your own, it can be done, , but it still HARD to beat the prices on pre made ladder stands that are mass produced!

so do yourself a favor on the safety side, DON"T make or use wooden ladder tree stands, there dangerous, and WHY you don;t see them any more in MOST any hunting property today!