Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Renewed my PA Game News >

Renewed my PA Game News

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Renewed my PA Game News

Old 09-30-2017, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

I usually keep one or two magazines in my backpack while and read them on deer stand
Old 09-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

I have trouble taking people in PA serious. They let government require them to say who is at their camp and state the caliber they are using. Instead of sending troops to the desert, maybe we should send to to PA.

Not to mention they think they are unique, and will get shot machine gun 30-06s. Its funny reading people discuss it, and sadder it the law survives.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Berserker
I have trouble taking people in PA serious. They let government require them to say who is at their camp and state the caliber they are using. Instead of sending troops to the desert, maybe we should send to to PA.

Not to mention they think they are unique, and will get shot machine gun 30-06s. Its funny reading people discuss it, and sadder it the law survives.

Huh? Camp Roster Laws are gone.

What exactly are "shot machine gun 30-06s"? Semi auto for big game did not pass( It should have). And nearly every other state allows semi auto.

-Jake
Old 10-01-2017, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Huh? Camp Roster Laws are gone.

What exactly are "shot machine gun 30-06s"? Semi auto for big game did not pass( It should have). And nearly every other state allows semi auto.

-Jake
I didn't know camp roster law was gone. Good for you. Making inroads for freedom.

I was being sarcastic about machine gun 30-06. Its hillarious reading this when it is dicussed with PA folks. They think some how PA is different than rest of country, and people will 30 round 30-06s filling the air with lead.

Myself, I am not a semi auto guy, I like simplier, and better reliability. But a few of my family members have BARs, and if they killed anyone, they didn't bring it up over dinner. If troll goes missing up here though, we don't look to hard. They always go home.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

I got ya.

Camp Roster was eliminated... maybe around 2013 or 2014.

I agree with you on the semis. PA people tend to freak out it seems thinking it'll be a war zone. No other states have that issue. I wouldn't regularly use one(I admit I'd take a doe with a couple different ones just for the experience of it) but I prefer levers mostly.

The semi law passed, but not for big game yet. In time...
-Jake
Old 10-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

The camp rooster really bothered me. Oppressive.

But the problem is people who grow up in abusive families don't realize it is not normal. It is the problem in the ghetto. People on the coasts don't realize they are living un-American.

I also realize peope got family and roots, and you choose that over freedom. The sad thing is the people on the coasts, that don't realize they are being oppressed. They have been frogged. Grew up that way, and don't know any different.

The semi auto fear is a joke, and well just dumb people. The rest of the country has it. But the camp rooster was just so oppressive. I couldn't imagine living in a place with so much government control.

Though talking to a PA guy he said they need to get ahold of his brother for family problems, and they were glad for it. Well the governent is not there to help you keep tabs on your family.

I am not saying it is perfect here either. I believe the DNR viotates the US Constitition, 2 and 4th. I have the right to have a gun, but DNR says it can't be loaded after dark. That is like getting a speeding ticket for just being on the highway. Cops can't pull you over just to ask if you have a drivers licensce.

My buddy had DNR walk up to his deer blind. You get out there early, try to cover your scent, and some claudhopper wanders in.

We got people like you. The down staters say how else would they catch poachers. The burden is on them, not law abiding citizens. Cops can't ticket me for what ifs. They have to catch me doing something illegal.

In WI a DNR officer walked in a house with a woman breast feeding. Because she did not answer the door. He husband drove his snowmobile on roads that we illegal, he followed the tracks back to there. Fine. Ticket. But to enter a home without a warrant on such a petty thing. I would have been fine if she shot him. He is a traitor to our country. Sad thing is the state would have burdened them legal bills. DNR said, well, ya, maybe, he shouldn't of, but, you know. Opened a door of someones house, without a warrant, for driving sled on county road.

So we have issues too. But the blanket laws you have is sad.

Thousands of semi autos 30-06s out there since about WW2. Besides just being ignorant, some is arrogance. Liberals think they are special and unique. They have told me PA is different, you don't understand. No its not. Its not plains and corn field, but not the only state with woods and deer