Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Elk Live Camera >

PA Elk Live Camera

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Elk Live Camera

Old 09-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default PA Elk Live Camera

A live camera set up in a Elk Viewing area... Interesting to check out every now and then.

http://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/Wildl...s/default.aspx

-Jake
Old 09-03-2016, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Cool site...watched it last evening and saw a few cows and one yearling bull. I'll watch from time to time turn up the sound and hope to hear a bugle since that should be happening about now.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for that Jake. I added it to my favs.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

It even has night-vision mode! Saw a whitetail doe walk into the field.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

I keep it on my faves and check when I have time as well. I've seen a lot of cows, Doe, and several small bulls... I've also heard the elk barking but no bugles yet. Nice to check in on tho.
-Jake
Old 09-05-2016, 03:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Saw a bunch of cows at first light then about 7 they came back with a spike bull, and a couple of modest bulls. I saw the herd bull briefly in that back area near the apple trees but it was hazy and I couldn't see how big but he had a lot of points and a decent spread. I heard a couple of bugles plus some cow calls. That was fun because I won't be able to elk hunt this year.

Watched again today at first light until 6:45. Saw a bunch of cow/ calves, a spike and a decent herd bull doing a little chasing and raking the ground with his rack. There was another bull in the distance bugling which lit up the one I was watching. Wish the camera would stay fixed on the critters.

Again today that is a nice bull with a lot of points and some stickers too. Fun to hear the distant bugles and see the herd bull respond. Last evening saw a person with a camera come down that road and walk into the herd and scattered them. Not sure if he knew he was being caught on camera.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-07-2016 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

The PGC facebook page says there's a 10X9 bull coming in in the morning sometimes. I haven't seen it yet. Might be what you saw CI
-Jake
Old 09-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Scrren shot of it from there FB page... really impressive.
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails PA Elk Live Camera-elk.jpg  
Old 09-09-2016, 03:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I have seen it a few times he is a monster. A couple days ago there was a decent 6X6 out there similar to the one I got a couple of years ago then the big guy came out and ran him off. I have seen 4 or 5 different bulls a ton of cows and some whitetail does in addition to some turkey. A few days ago when the F&W were controlling the camera and were staying on the big guy someone came into the site from down that road and was taking some pictures and looking at him. The camera followed the guy and zoomed on him until he left. I bet he got a welcome visit from the wardens since that site is supposed to be off limits.

Edit I just checked and the big guy is out there right now but is going out with some cows away from the field 7:10 am Eastern time. I have looked throughout the day and have occasionally seen a few elk but it is always loaded with them the first hour of daylight and last hour before it gets dark. The bugling is cool too so turn up the sound. When there is a good bull out there someone remotely controls the camera to stay on him. During the rest of the time the camera just swings all over the field in a big rotation.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-09-2016 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

It's all over the place tonight. Up in the trees, straight down at the ground, everywhere but on the one elk I see in the field lol...
-Jake