Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Television Show

Old 10-20-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Television Show

Hi ,My name is Brian Harford and I am currently working on a new outdoor show.I been involved in all aspects in the outdoors since I was weened out of a diaper.I have a great freind that owns a production co. and is willing to help me get started.I currently have a few companys interested in sponsoring a show.Well the question is how can I do this great sport, involved in the great outdoors for a living? We are in the process in editing five films now. Thanks For Your Time, Brian Harford
Old 10-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Television Show

well, where will it be fimed in? how about showing real guys, real missed shots, days on stand with nothing but squirrels to see. or, why not try real, barely make it to tv, camps. you know, the ones with an outhouse made out of a 5 gallon bucket, plywood floors, maybe a spike rack hung someplace. dont forget the leaky roof. homemade, unnameable food cooked on a woodstove made 75 years ago. no power, just gas lanterns. and don' t forget the joy that happens when someone actually connects on a deer, no matter what is on it' s head. or the gutting out of the deer and dragging it out of some remote area where even a four wheeler won' t make it. in other words, let' s finally get a show on the air that shows what hunting is really like. but, i don' t think they have smellavision yet to let everyone enjoy the end results of last night' s chili. too bad.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:03 AM

Ever notice most national shows are filmed at ranches? Lots of canned hunts there. Find outfitters and reserves or canned hunts and you can surely convince others that the show is legitimate.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

VT,I like you' re idea.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Great idea!!!!!!!!!! But if I had to watch a show of my hunting season, and all the days of just does and bucks to small to shoot, I would start watching lifetime. I know why I watch the hunting shows and hunting videos to see big deer and watch people shooting them. But thats just me>[>:] What some for you dont know is that much like the vidoes behind high fences, most photos that appear in the hunting mags. are also captured behind 12 foot fences.[]
Old 10-23-2003, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

how about showing the hunt from the beginning. like real life. the scouting of the area, the setting up of the tree stand, picking the right tree, setting up for the wind, etc. not only would it be interesting but someone might learn something instead of just watching a trophy animal coming in and getting blasted on film. i think people would be more prone to watch if the show was educational with a little story to it.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever you do just make sure you say " Jeeeeeemeny Christmas!!!!" everytime you find the deer.