Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Having good luck at the wrong time... >

Having good luck at the wrong time...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Having good luck at the wrong time...

Old 10-18-2003, 08:26 PM

Default Having good luck at the wrong time...

Having no luck this year getting a good shot at a Doe. However, I have had several chances at some good trophy size dear. What' s up with these earn a Buc programs? Today was the best of all days, when I had a big 8 pointer come my way[]. He looked bigger than the 10 pointer I seen a few weeks ago.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Old 10-19-2003, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Having good luck at the wrong time...

Your not alone. Thats all I' ve been seeing is bucks. According to my ledger I' m a week behind last years doe first harvest date. If the state wants to lessen the deer herd it should let us shoot a buck or doe in no particular order, but they think once someone shoots their buck they won' t go hunting any more and the doe harvest will suffer. I think thats baloney cause I know I' d surely be out there. Good Luck bucktail
Old 10-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, feel free to throw some of those bucks in a trailer and bring ' em up my way! I' ll even share the meat with ya.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

I know a buddy that saw bucks and never had a shot at a doe for the entire season!! He almost went crazy.

Think of all the guys that have limited hunting time and the strain that it imposes. I hunt ZOne 2 which is not earn-a-buck so maybe I' m lucky in some respects.

There must be an easier way to reduce the does but not put a burden on hunters. Maybe allowing does to be taken during the 6 day shotgun would help???
Old 10-24-2003, 08:43 AM

I really wish I had that problem.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

At least your seeing deer ! Alot of other guys are complaining they are getting skunked.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Broadhead, your allowed to take does during the 6 day shotgun, as long as you buy the special doe permit.Your allowed to harvest 2 at a time. 6 years ago the last 5 min of the 6 day buck season I was walking back to the ruck to call it a year. When 3 deer popped up and ran about 15 yds and froze. I put the bead on each one looking for antlers, NONE. Ever since then I purchased a doe permit and have been satisfied every year since. Sometimes doubly blessed.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

that would be the least of my worrys.....id love to have bucks following me all around.....but come dec first they are fair game for me.....lol......stick with it guys.....them bucks are there coz there was a doe near........good luck.....thats how PA should be if they really want to lower doe numbers......so many guys used to shoot hte first buck to walk by and that was it for the year.....now its alll out of wack....way to many does and small scrap bucks if you see any....it took me 4 years to get a buck......and we hunted hard to se that one.....the ARs and herd reduction is helping i think.....i can tell there are a few more bucks already......
Old 10-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Plenty of does here in zone 11...I have passed up 5 bucks so far waiting on the big guy....looks like I am shooting does again tomorrow....
Old 10-26-2003, 06:49 AM

Well, it figures...last day of fall season a doe comes my way! Had to let it pass. We' ll see what happens in the next few weeks.