Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any luck Yankees? >

Any luck Yankees?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any luck Yankees?

Old 10-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Any luck Yankees?

I didnt hunt this morning due to winds. But I gathered enough cohones' to brave the winds this afternoon. And it was boring and unfun with the wind up until the last 45 mins. Then the winds died. Boy oh boy, I saw 13 deer, and got busted by the wind 3 times in that 45 minutes. Same doe. Had full draw 2x on her, but thanks to the deer doing the exact opposite of what they had done the past month, she winded me and let the whole gang know.

One 8ptr was with them, and he was hesitant to leave the field each time I got busted, he was the last one off the field. Talk about frustrating. The Rut is coming from what I see, he was tending them like a shepard to sheep.

Oh And I want to thank that branch that just happened to be in the way of the doe the first time I had draw on her at 10 yds.

How bout you guys? Any Luck? I hope so.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:22 AM

Default RE: Any luck Yankees?

Season doesn' t open in PA until Saturday. That would be muzzeloader season, sorry. I' m seeing deer but out of bow range.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

After teusday I' m off for eight days!! I' ll be out then for sure!!
Old 10-19-2003, 07:05 PM

Got a doe on Saturday! First deer with a muzzleloader. Season started saturday and ends next saturday here in PA. Despite the fog in the morning, it was a good day to be in the woods.