Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
West Virginia crossbow opinions..... >

West Virginia crossbow opinions.....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

West Virginia crossbow opinions.....

Old 09-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a smidge past ya there Champlain and just dropped down to 65#'s myself. I can still pull the heavy weights but my shoulder really sings out when I do. After about 30 pulls at 70#'s it's letting me know I better stop if I want to use my arm the next day. Funny how just 5#'s can make such a huge difference.

As far as the new CB regs in WV goes, they look perfectly reasonable to me.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's about time that they allowed crossbow hunting in WV. That being said, I'm not going to be using one any time in the near future. I've been bowhunting since the mid 70's and I can remember a time when some of the recurve and longbow users were against compound bows. I've always used a compound and still do. It will be interesting to see what the impact will be on the harvest numbers after one season.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with the majority, the regs make sense and sometimes you have to spell them out or you never know what some will use.